You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship 2016-2017 application cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any idea if programs that ask for a CV on their website want us to upload an additional CV to the ERAS application? Seems redundant, and I can't figure out how to upload one anyway.
I think they mean the CV that you already have to fill out for ERAS...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've submitted my Peds GI fellowship application, and wanted to create this thread for other applicants to discuss interviews, programs, etc.
Has anyone received interview invitations yet?
Got 1 so far.
So far:
- University of Michigan (7/18)
- Northwestern (7/20)
- Children's Mercy Kansas City (7/22)
- Wash U St. Louis (7/22)
- Indiana University (7/22)
- Nationwide (7/25)
- Mayo (7/25)
Have not heard from any other programs either way. Congrats to everyone who received interviews so far!
Also, has anyone had a program ask them to send ITE scores? One of the programs asked me to send scores from the last two years, but also said my program can't release the scores, so I'm not really sure what they want me to do lol.
- University of Michigan (7/18)
- Northwestern (7/20)
- Children's Mercy Kansas City (7/22)
- Wash U St. Louis (7/22)
- Indiana University (7/22)
- Nationwide (7/25)
- Mayo (7/25)
Have not heard from any other programs either way. Congrats to everyone who received interviews so far!
Also, has anyone had a program ask them to send ITE scores? One of the programs asked me to send scores from the last two years, but also said my program can't release the scores, so I'm not really sure what they want me to do lol.
So far:
- University of Michigan (7/18)
- Northwestern (7/20)
- Children's Mercy Kansas City (7/22)
- Wash U St. Louis (7/22)
- Indiana University (7/22)
- Nationwide (7/25)
- Mayo (7/25)
Have not heard from any other programs either way. Congrats to everyone who received interviews so far!
Also, has anyone had a program ask them to send ITE scores? One of the programs asked me to send scores from the last two years, but also said my program can't release the scores, so I'm not really sure what they want me to do lol.
That's great. I thought I don't get invites because programs haven't sent out invitations. Well that's not the case then. Congrats to you too. Can I know your statistics pls if you don't mind like publication, amg or img etc. thanks
That's great. I thought I don't get invites because programs haven't sent out invitations. Well that's not the case then. Congrats to you too. Can I know your statistics pls if you don't mind like publication, amg or img etc. thanks
May be ask American board of pediatrics regarding the ite scores. See if u need to do anything for them to send it
when do people get interviews for Gi fellowship match. It's been 14 days since I applied and have heard from just one program. Is there hope for more?
Last edited:
That's great. I thought I don't get invites because programs haven't sent out invitations. Well that's not the case then. Congrats to you too. Can I know your statistics pls if you don't mind like publication, amg or img etc. thanks
Thanks. I am a US allopathic med grad, Step 1: 243, Step 2: 256. Currently in a mid-size residency program (in the midwest, if my username is any giveaway 😉). Some research and presentations in med school (not related to peds anything, much less peds GI, and no journal publications), and currently working on a peds GI project but no publications or presentations from that yet.
Not sure where that puts me in the grand scheme of fellowship applicants. I find this whole process very nebulous-- much more so than the residency application process.
Besides those mentiones above, other programs which have started sending out invitations include: UCSD, CHLA, Cincinnati, Rainbow Babies, UT Southwestern Dallas, Mass General, St. Louis SOM, Iowa city, Oklohoma city, Vanderbilt, U of Tennessee.
These places are based on mine plus other residents invitations. Please continue adding to the list to give an idea about which other places are actively looking at applications.
These places are based on mine plus other residents invitations. Please continue adding to the list to give an idea about which other places are actively looking at applications.
New York programs, Du pont and seattle program as well. combination of a few residents
Last edited:
UAB, NYMC westchester. Has anyone heard back from CHOP, Boston, UPMC, Cleveland Clinic?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UAB, NYMC westchester. Has anyone heard back from CHOP, Boston, UPMC, Cleveland Clinic?
I've heard from Boston. Anyone hear from UCSF?
UF Orlando
U Buffalo
Congrats!!! thats cool!!!
CHOP, UPMC, Wisconsin have sent invites in the past week. Anyone heard from Emory and Boston?
. Heard from both maybe about a month ago. You should email them if you're interested and haven't heard.CHOP, UPMC, Wisconsin have sent invites in the past week. Anyone heard from Emory and Boston?
Is there a chance for any more interviews like a second wave ? Anybody heard from Texas programs?
Surprisingly noHas anybody heard back from Jackson memorial/ Univ of Miami? 🤔 Thanks!
Hey, 2nd year peds resident here. I will be applying to Peds GI this upcoming cycle. Any insight like how many programs to apply to, how much research you should have, how competitive, how do interviews go, etc? would be super helpful! I have no guidance at my program because it is a smaller program with only one peds GI supspecialist and he is quite far removed from the whole process.
I am a US allopathic med grad and have just below average to average board scores. Passed everything with no red flags. I am working on a peds GI related research project now, but have research from med school that is on global health.
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I am a US allopathic med grad and have just below average to average board scores. Passed everything with no red flags. I am working on a peds GI related research project now, but have research from med school that is on global health.
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 8K
- Replies
- 25
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 50
- Views
- 10K