Pediatric Hospitalist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIDO

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was curious if anybody could shed some light on becoming a Pediatric Hospitalist? Is there a demand for Ped Hospitalist? Are they typically found in academic institutions? What are the schedules / pay scales like?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I was curious if anybody could shed some light on becoming a Pediatric Hospitalist? Is there a demand for Ped Hospitalist? Are they typically found in academic institutions? What are the schedules / pay scales like?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

There was literally just a thread on this topic. It's just a few down on this page. Not a lot of responses, but start there and see if it answers at least some questions.

i'm doing it now pending start of fellowship. great gig. money is decent--better in gen than gen peds. you can do academic or community (the latter pays slightly better in my job search exp..) nice hours, flexible. i'm starting to wonder why i'm leaving...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm doing it now pending start of fellowship. great gig. money is decent--better in gen than gen peds. you can do academic or community (the latter pays slightly better in my job search exp..) nice hours, flexible. i'm starting to wonder why i'm leaving...

Sent you a PM.

How does this work? Dont they make you sign a 5 year contract or something?

are there really hospitalist jobs out there where you can work for 1 year and then leave for fellowship?

are there really hospitalist jobs out there where you can work for 1 year and then leave for fellowship?

Yes. Some of them involve covering a Level 2 NICU or delivery room service.

This is particularly common if your fellowship is going to be at the same institution as where you are working for the year.

Like every other job, most folks prefer a 2-3 year commitment, but exceptions are made for the right person for the right reason.