Pediatric Interview Rejections 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from UVA

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose I should add that I was rejected from Northwestern...even though they didn't send me an official rejection. I take the fact that they have filled their interview slots as a rejection :p

UVA *and* UNC today. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a rejection from Stanford, and then recieved an e-mail that said they accidentally sent me a rejection, but really would love to offer me an interview. Did this happen to anyone else?
The scary thing is, the rejection e-mail went straight to my inbox and showed up on eras; the interview offer was in my junk box that I just happened to check this am. Strange.

Called OHSU yesterday morning to "make sure my application was in order."

Got the rejection that afternoon. Guess that answered that!

Only one more program to go and then no more waiting!

Oh, and re: Stanford...no. I think I'm on their "permanent reject" list. :oops:)

I heard from Hopkins and UNC within the last few days with rejections :(

I did get an email from UVA saying they'd love to offer me an interview but their spots are all full, so I'm on the waitlist for an interview there...Does anyone know how common it is for places to waitlist you for an interview?

Rejected by Seattle today. Done hearing from programs. Good luck all!

I suppose I should add that I was rejected from Northwestern...even though they didn't send me an official rejection. I take the fact that they have filled their interview slots as a rejection :p

According to the PD they have a waitlist for interviews so if you haven't recieved a rejection I wouldn't count yourself out yet. Although perhaps people that are on the waitlist have been notified that they have been selected in the event that an interview slot opens up...I dunno that.

Rejected by Seattle....put on hold my Hopkins (although I'll probably withdraw)

BLAH :eek:

no from seattle and no from oregon
still waiting on denver (but assuming it's a no) :cool:

Hey waverider:

I actually thought the same thing from Denver and I called last week and they said they hadn't even looked at my file; they also said they are sending invites daily and had many left to send. I got an interview the next day (Friday of last week).

There is a phone # on the website (the non 1-800 number) that I called and spoke with someone that was very helpful, and they said they would email either way.

Maybe still another one coming!! :)

Hey waverider:

I actually thought the same thing from Denver and I called last week and they said they hadn't even looked at my file; they also said they are sending invites daily and had many left to send. I got an interview the next day (Friday of last week).

There is a phone # on the website (the non 1-800 number) that I called and spoke with someone that was very helpful, and they said they would email either way.

Maybe still another one coming!! :)

Thanks CrazyPeds527!! Good to know!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from Cornell today
They obviously have no love for their alums....boo to them:thumbdown:

Rejected from Cornell today
They obviously have no love for their alums....boo to them:thumbdown:
Me too, also. Rejected, I mean (lots of love though.);)

Sorry Zeke, I know you were hoping for that one.

It's ok. I've become desensitized to the rejections. Besides, I have lots of other great interviews!

Thanks TexasRose.

Feel like showing me around Houston in December? I will be there for 2 days :D

It's ok. I've become desensitized to the rejections. Besides, I have lots of other great interviews!

Thanks TexasRose.

Feel like showing me around Houston in December? I will be there for 2 days :D
Sure. I'll be out of town the first week of the month, but PM me and let me know what your dates are. If it's while Marigold and I are gone, I'm sure I can find some other local peds folks to show you around. :)

rejected by OHSU, UCSF, UChicago, Harvard.

still no word from UCLA, CHOP, Hopkins, Columbia. anyone still waiting to hear from these guys - seems i should chalk them up as rejections given the current date.

Rejected from UCSF!! Hey, one less hotel room, right?? :)

Done hearing from programs -- woohoo!!

I'm still waiting on hearing from Duke and Children's national...I called Duke over a week ago and they said they were still reviewing applications and would note my call (haven't heard anything more) and I emailed Children's national on Friday and haven't heard anything yet...I'd totally prefer just knowing if I'm rejected or if I actually have a shot at interviewing there so I could cancel other places if I need to in order to fit them in! I am really interested in both their programs so it is so frustrating to have it up in the air like this!

I'm still waiting on hearing from Duke and Children's national...I called Duke over a week ago and they said they were still reviewing applications and would note my call (haven't heard anything more) and I emailed Children's national on Friday and haven't heard anything yet...I'd totally prefer just knowing if I'm rejected or if I actually have a shot at interviewing there so I could cancel other places if I need to in order to fit them in! I am really interested in both their programs so it is so frustrating to have it up in the air like this!

I'm still waiting to hear from DUKE as well...it would be nice if they just let us know...I don't like just sittin around wondering

FWIW, I called Children's National and was told that they'd sent out two rounds of interview invites and one of rejections. Apparently there's one last round of invites to be made soon after Thanksgiving, and everyone else should received rejection notification (which I'm expecting, but till then I'll keep hope... :oops: )

Really surprised I haven't already been rejected from UCSF yet, but again I'm not getting my hopes up!

Added to my list (unofficially by phone):
Inova Fairfax :thumbdown:
Tufts-NEMC
Cincinnati

Really surprised I haven't already been rejected from UCSF yet, but again I'm not getting my hopes up!

I thought the same thing until the other day I got an invite out of the blue. Good luck!

Is anyone else getting random rejections?

I got rejected by Boston Children's, which is ok with me. But I haven't heard either of the other Boston schools.

I got an interview at Northwestern but rejected from Univ of Chicago. Weird.

I got interviews at Johns Hopkins, CHOP, St. Chris, Dever, Seattle, Portland, Michigan, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Yale, Brown, Stanford, and a few lower tier schools. And I consider those pretty top-tier. Yet I got rejected by UNC and haven't heard from Cincy, Duke, Mass General, Tufts, and Children's National. WTF?!?

I pretty much assume anyone I haven't heard from is a rejection at this point.

Also, is anyone having trouble communicating with Colorado?? They suck at returning calls/emails. It's getting frustrating.

No interview at Colorado, got the email last week. I don't know if that helps in reading their minds.

FWIW, I called Children's National and was told that they'd sent out two rounds of interview invites and one of rejections. Apparently there's one last round of invites to be made soon after Thanksgiving, and everyone else should received rejection notification (which I'm expecting, but till then I'll keep hope... :oops: )

So anyone hear from Children's National recently?

technically, i'm still waiting for UCSF, but i'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got my rejection so quickly because I asked for it :(

Finally gave in and emailed them for my status so that I could make my final travel plans. They responded the next day if you wanna try it....

Added to my list (unofficially by phone):
Inova Fairfax :thumbdown:
Tufts-NEMC
Cincinnati

maybe i'll be receiving a rejection notice from Children's National soon?

still haven't heard from UCLA either.

rejections so far: Stanford, UCSF, UCSD