Pediatric PM&R

Started by Sharpie1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sharpie1

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I recently have started doing research on pediatric rehab and there really isn't much information to be found. I have seen a few responses stating that it takes 6 years to complete. Is this true of the Montefiore program as well (ie is the program a 2 year fellowship?) Where do most peds rehab specialists work, academically or private practice? How much lower are their salaries than general PM&R? How can I find one to shadow? Thanks in advance!
 
4 years PM&R residency + 2yrs Pediatric fellowship
5yrs Peds/PM&R combined fellowship + 1 or 2yr fellowship ???
 
In terms of shadowing, totally depends on your location. I would look at the student resources on the AAPM&R website. If you are interested, take a look at the combined Peds/PM&R program at the University of Colorado. Seems like a great program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad