pedo faculty pay????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

morgantaylor

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you in pedo residencies, do you have any idea how much your faculty make? For those that are treating patients either in the general clinic, OR, or separate faculty practice, do you know if they get a % of collections?
I'm considering a part-time faculty gig while I build my practice and am just wondering what the norm is at other programs. Thanks for any info you may have.
 
Base pay + % of OR, hospital based. The topic was broached and i got the feeling it was in the neighborhood of lower 100s but was never specifically told.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Remember, faculty are State employees--and if you can find a school that pays 100K, I'd be surprised. Right now, I am faculty at a school that pays us around 66-70K, specialists get that as well so it's pretty puny. Part time OK but don't expect big bucks. You might want to think of becoming a contract dentist and working in other offices as your office grows for a percentage of your production--better pay.
 
Remember, faculty are State employees--and if you can find a school that pays 100K, I'd be surprised. Right now, I am faculty at a school that pays us around 66-70K, specialists get that as well so it's pretty puny. Part time OK but don't expect big bucks. You might want to think of becoming a contract dentist and working in other offices as your office grows for a percentage of your production--better pay.

Not sure if you were referring to my post, but if you were the low 100s estimate was for a hospital-based program with no ties to a school. I had an attending tell me they started at 90 and that was maybe 15 years ago, so with increase of COL and inflation it's prob in the lower 1s.