*Pedo interviews 2007*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
program: Brookdale
mode of invite:mail
date invited:11/13
dates offered:12/17

Members don't see this ad.

program: Miami Children's Hospital
mode of invite: phone
date invited:11/13
dates offered:Nov 30th

has anyone heard from bronx lebanon or st. christophers?

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with the secretary @ BL and she says that they're still reviewing apps. Dr C, the PD @ St. Christophers says that he will soon begin and he has about 108 apps and he'll select about 15 to interview. If you don't hear from him, you didn't get an interview.

Staten Island University Hospital
snail mail 11/19/07
one interview date 12/15/07

I got a letter today for an interview at Mt.Sinai on 12/6. Looking at previous posts, the original letters were sent out back in the end of October. Does this mean I'm a 'backup"? Really who cares, I'm just happy I got an interview:)

I got a letter today for an interview at Mt.Sinai on 12/6. Looking at previous posts, the original letters were sent out back in the end of October. Does this mean I'm a 'backup"? Really who cares, I'm just happy I got an interview:)

I don't think it matters if you are a "backup" or not. You got an interview, it's a level playing field.

Most likely somebody had to cancel their interview at the last minute, so yeah, you weren't in the top 20 (or however many they interview). The good news is that you were in the top 21, and they thought you deserved an interview when a spot became open.

Congrats!

Does anyone know if Tufts has interviewed yet???:confused:

Anyone else annoyed at the silly ortho people matching already....... counting the days until 1/28/08.......

Hey guys, does anyone know when UCLA interviews and if there is any mention of any other clinics that are affiliated with the program. Also if there are any current residents reading the forum from UCLA please write me a note, I would like to compare programs. I'm at Children's in San Diego.

hi all

for those who have had some interviews under there belts . . . how did they go? anything out of the ordinary? any tips?

I did have one program ask how many stainless steel crowns and space maintainters I have done - I wish I did more!

Good luck everyone.

Anyone else annoyed at the silly ortho people matching already....... counting the days until 1/28/08...

ONLY 52 days until MATCH!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, is it bad that I'm looking more forward to Match Day than X-mas?

Anybody hear from Metrohealth in Cleveland yet? I know they have a late deadline, but so far ..nothing.

Hey guys, does anyone know when UCLA interviews and if there is any mention of any other clinics that are affiliated with the program. Also if there are any current residents reading the forum from UCLA please write me a note, I would like to compare programs. I'm at Children's in San Diego.

The last UCLA interview (as far as I know) was Dec 3. I went on that day, and they had already had one other interview day with Westwood and Venice applicants a few weeks prior. December 3rd was Westwood only. I heard the San Diego program was going to be taken over by UCLA. Any big changes in your program's future?

It seems as if we will be taken over by UCLA and there will be a great deal of change. We as residents have not been informed of the details so if anyone knows anything remember, "sharing is caring". I am pretty sure that all changes will be for the better.

does anybody know if the interview for Staten Island starts at 9 or you just show up for your interview time? Thanks.

Thanks Gavin, I'm expecting coal in my stocking, but hopefully a match in my email :)

P.S. Anyone who has already had their Montefiore interview, is there a social event the night before or night of the interview?

Hi guys -

I've had a bunch of interviews but at my most recent one, the phrase "we run the program like a private practice" came up. And everyone seemed to think that this was an advantage. I had never heard this before - what exactly do they mean by this? And how would this be an advantage or disadvantage? thanks!

Let the ranking begin!............(don't forget to certify that list).

Is it better to have a program that is more clinical or more didactic? Because I find most programs is only strong in one or the other, none is evenly distributed. I think having more clinical is more important, but on the other hand, I'm worried about not passing the boards. I'm confused.

FYI for anyone waiting to hear from Nova (non-match program); They sent out acceptance for the 6 spots available on the 7th of December via email.

Is it better to have a program that is more clinical or more didactic? Because I find most programs is only strong in one or the other, none is evenly distributed. I think having more clinical is more important, but on the other hand, I'm worried about not passing the boards. I'm confused.

I did an externship at Temple a few months ago, which is a very clinical program, probably the most I've seen. I found out that last year all the residents that took pedo boards passed (I think 6 or so). Passing boards doesn't seem to be an issue from what I can tell.

As far as clinical vs didactic programs: I'm looking more seriously at programs that are clinically based because I feel that I learn the best hands on. Any didactics that I don't get from the program, I can get from literature on my own time. I want to get as much experience as possible from my residency before I start in the real world. So for me, that is the most important aspect of residencies I'm hoping to match with. But, I have friends that would rather go to a more didactic program for other reasons. Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi!
I wanted to know on average whats the lengh of an externship?

Thank you!

......only 3 WEEKS left!!! (5 days left to certify your list)

Has anyone else had a hard time with their list? I know my number one, but Ive changed my list once already for the others. How bout you guys?

Yep, having a hard time too. Maybe I should just submit it in reverse order. That way, the further down the list I go, the less disappointed I'll be.

Everyone remember your lists are due by 11:59pm tonight!!! DON'T FORGET TO CERTIFY YOUR LISTS!! Good luck, ladies and gentlemen.

I just changed my list for the 4th time, and thats it. Good luck to everyone, I hope everyone gets their first choice (unless it interferes with my first choice, then I hope you get your second:laugh:)

It seems as if we will be taken over by UCLA and there will be a great deal of change. We as residents have not been informed of the details so if anyone knows anything remember, "sharing is caring". I am pretty sure that all changes will be for the better.

Hey CDAWG, did UCLA take over San Diego pedo program?