• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Tone260

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Philly
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Basically I want to do pediatrics. I would like to know what kinda stats do i need in particularly GPA, and boards.

GPA:
Specialty/Where:
Dental School Attended:
NBDE Part I/II scores:
Class Ranking:

Thanks!

MrBenny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
check out the peds match 07 thread... some stats there.. do a search, you'll find stats from years past.

Ramathorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
Basically I want to do pediatrics. I would like to know what kinda stats do i need in particularly GPA, and boards.

GPA:
Specialty/Where:
Dental School Attended:
NBDE Part I/II scores:
Class Ranking:

Thanks!
bottom line is this: pedo still isn't that competetive, despite what people say. I think you just need 85+ on part I, be in the top half of your class, and be passionate about pedo. Oh, and this assumes you aren't a jerk. Good luck!:luck:

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
bottom line is this: pedo still isn't that competetive, despite what people say. I think you just need 85+ on part I, be in the top half of your class, and be passionate about pedo. Oh, and this assumes you aren't a jerk. Good luck!:luck:

It's true, everybody got interviews and everybody matched. No wait, that's OMS.

Ped2thdoc

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Pedo is competitive but not as competitive as ortho or oms. Unlike these two specialties, with pedo you can get into a residency with average scores if you show a lot of passion. However this is not the norm, its the exception. Fact is if you don't have decent numbers then you won't get the interviews to show the programs your passion.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Pedo is competitive but not as competitive as ortho or oms. Unlike these two specialties, with pedo you can get into a residency with average scores if you show a lot of passion. However this is not the norm, its the exception. Fact is if you don't have decent numbers then you won't get the interviews to show the programs your passion.

Well said.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.