Pedo Matching Stats 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tone260

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically I want to do pediatrics. I would like to know what kinda stats do i need in particularly GPA, and boards.

GPA:
Specialty/Where:
Dental School Attended:
NBDE Part I/II scores:
Class Ranking:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

check out the peds match 07 thread... some stats there.. do a search, you'll find stats from years past.

Basically I want to do pediatrics. I would like to know what kinda stats do i need in particularly GPA, and boards.

GPA:
Specialty/Where:
Dental School Attended:
NBDE Part I/II scores:
Class Ranking:

Thanks!
bottom line is this: pedo still isn't that competetive, despite what people say. I think you just need 85+ on part I, be in the top half of your class, and be passionate about pedo. Oh, and this assumes you aren't a jerk. Good luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
bottom line is this: pedo still isn't that competetive, despite what people say. I think you just need 85+ on part I, be in the top half of your class, and be passionate about pedo. Oh, and this assumes you aren't a jerk. Good luck!:luck:

It's true, everybody got interviews and everybody matched. No wait, that's OMS.

Pedo is competitive but not as competitive as ortho or oms. Unlike these two specialties, with pedo you can get into a residency with average scores if you show a lot of passion. However this is not the norm, its the exception. Fact is if you don't have decent numbers then you won't get the interviews to show the programs your passion.

Pedo is competitive but not as competitive as ortho or oms. Unlike these two specialties, with pedo you can get into a residency with average scores if you show a lot of passion. However this is not the norm, its the exception. Fact is if you don't have decent numbers then you won't get the interviews to show the programs your passion.

Well said.