Pedo Residency---Am I burnt

Started by Dr. Pedo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Pedo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh----the first 2 days of Pedo resid. was....well......unremarkable 😳 . I still kinda feel like a dental student----only difference is the Dr. on my name tag. I'm slightly burned-out on school in general----especially since friday we had Ceph. with the ortho res. for 4hrs. 😱 . If I trace anymore anatomy and memorize more bones (not since gross) I may pass out. It's interesting and the prof. is awesome so maybe its just the Fri. 4hr time slot.

Any other res. going/gone through an adjustment emotionally.

Dr. B
 
Dr.2b said:
Ahh----the first 2 days of Pedo resid. was....well......unremarkable 😳 . I still kinda feel like a dental student----only difference is the Dr. on my name tag. I'm slightly burned-out on school in general----especially since friday we had Ceph. with the ortho res. for 4hrs. 😱 . If I trace anymore anatomy and memorize more bones (not since gross) I may pass out. It's interesting and the prof. is awesome so maybe its just the Fri. 4hr time slot.

Any other res. going/gone through an adjustment emotionally.

Dr. B

I was just thinking how pleasantly relaxed and refreshed I feel after the first week of my general dentistry residency. Did you get to take any time off and go on vacation? I had to take a trip even though the budget didn't support it. Relax and try to enjoy yourself. You had plenty of experience being stressed out as a predoc - now is your time to work on stress reduction and try and enjoy what is going to be your life for many years to come.
 
UConn_SDM said:
I was just thinking how pleasantly relaxed and refreshed I feel after the first week of my general dentistry residency. Did you get to take any time off and go on vacation? I had to take a trip even though the budget didn't support it. Relax and try to enjoy yourself. You had plenty of experience being stressed out as a predoc - now is your time to work on stress reduction and try and enjoy what is going to be your life for many years to come.


Hey UConn,

Unfortunately, no vacation. I probably should have even though my budget wouldn't allow for it either 😀 . How's the GPR? Are you in large town?

Dr. B
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr.2b said:
Hey UConn,

Unfortunately, no vacation. I probably should have even though my budget wouldn't allow for it either 😀 . How's the GPR? Are you in large town?

Dr. B

Hey there bud make sure to update us...or at least send me a PM from time to time to let me know your experiences. Hope all is well.
 
DcS said:
Hey there bud make sure to update us...or at least send me a PM from time to time to let me know your experiences. Hope all is well.

Hey DcS-----did you get my other PMs? I hope they helped----kinda wrote them quickly. Anyway I'll keep you informed----hope your applications are going alright. Talk soon.

Dr. B