peds and child psych training

Started by el chivo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

el chivo

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I read in a publication by the American Association of Child and Adolescent Psych that they were considering creating a pathway that would allow people who had completed peds to train in child psych. THey're trying to figure out how to address the shortage of child psychiatrists. That was about a year ago, though, and I can't find anything about it on the internet now. Any of ya'll know about this possibly happening? I know about the "triple board" programs that let you do adult psych in addn to the other two. Just curious about the other option
 
I read in a publication by the American Association of Child and Adolescent Psych that they were considering creating a pathway that would allow people who had completed peds to train in child psych. THey're trying to figure out how to address the shortage of child psychiatrists. That was about a year ago, though, and I can't find anything about it on the internet now. Any of ya'll know about this possibly happening? I know about the "triple board" programs that let you do adult psych in addn to the other two. Just curious about the other option

Sounds like a good idea, you may want to consider posting this in the Psych section, I would think it would get more responses.
 
I read in a publication by the American Association of Child and Adolescent Psych that they were considering creating a pathway that would allow people who had completed peds to train in child psych. THey're trying to figure out how to address the shortage of child psychiatrists. That was about a year ago, though, and I can't find anything about it on the internet now. Any of ya'll know about this possibly happening? I know about the "triple board" programs that let you do adult psych in addn to the other two. Just curious about the other option

They have been talking about this for several years. I was considering child Psych in med school and one of my mentors thought that it would be an option by the time I would be applying to fellowship (which is now!). So I guess it hasn't moved as quickly as they were anticipating.

Ed