Peds Critial Care Fellowships

Started by explore10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

explore10

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I'm an M4 getting ready to apply to Peds programs this fall. I am fairly sure that I want to go into Critical Care after general peds so I was interested in hearing which institutions have a reputation of having particularly stong Critical Care fellowships (like "top 10"). If there are previous links or other websites, please let me know as I was unable to find any with this info. I'm interested in staying at the same place for my entire training (residency+fellowship) so it would be good to know already at this point to guide my residency application. thanks and good luck everyone!
 
explore10 said:
Hello. I'm an M4 getting ready to apply to Peds programs this fall. I am fairly sure that I want to go into Critical Care after general peds so I was interested in hearing which institutions have a reputation of having particularly stong Critical Care fellowships (like "top 10"). If there are previous links or other websites, please let me know as I was unable to find any with this info. I'm interested in staying at the same place for my entire training (residency+fellowship) so it would be good to know already at this point to guide my residency application. thanks and good luck everyone!
Stanford,UCLA,Pittsburgh,Coulmbia are good.I was actually wondering if anyone knows about the programs in Michigan,Ann Arbor/Children's Detroit.Also how competitive is peds critical care for a peds resident compared to others like cards,nicu etc?
 
I may be a little biased but I think the program here at Hopkins is excellent. The one caviat is that they pretty much require you to do the combined PICU/Anesthesia fellowship. That being said, some residents here have stayed here and been able to do the 3 year fellowship in just PICU. Good luck in your search. Let me know if you have any specific Hopkins questions.
 
UVa2005 said:
I may be a little biased but I think the program here at Hopkins is excellent. The one caviat is that they pretty much require you to do the combined PICU/Anesthesia fellowship.

I'm biased as well, but I think that the Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics CCM fellowship is good. They see a whole lot of bread and butter stuff, as well as the lovely Houston MRSA disease (wicked sick septics kids) and a bunch of zebra diseases. Well rounded training with lots of support staff.