Peds derm/rashes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ve done like 2/3 of the peds questions on UWorld today and it seemed like 1/3-1/2 of the questions were "derm" related. The patient would present with some symptoms and then the vignette would go on to describe a rash...etc.

This seems to be real weakness for me. Whats the best source to strengthen ones knowledge about pediatric rash's and derm findings? For the life of me I cant picture half of the rashes they describe in the vignettes??

Members don't see this ad.

just know buzz words. For the sake of board exams, they have to give u certain buzzwords. In real life, it's completely different, hence why every office/ER seems to have a dermatological handbook ready for those weird rashes.

i told my homie this, just know THREE things about each rash to describe it, including the treatment, and you will be golden.

I.e., Honey crust, GAS, peri oral (usually) = impetigo

Last edited:
best source i used was SUTS2 btw, and my DIT book had a couple extra, especially newborn rash.

I would reference Habif for most pediatric rashes. The pictorials are very good and you will remember them on future questions with just the description. Hope this helps.