Peds fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drewskovitch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else confused when PDs tell you that they "do very well" in fellowship matching? One of the PDs at Oakland told me that they have not had anyone get anything other than their top choice. I find that incredibly hard to believe, but it seems that every place I've visited has made similar claims. Any thoughts on how to sort through the rhetoric? I've tried looking at fellowship match lists, but not all programs provide that, and even when they do, I have no idea what are the most desired cardiology fellowships versus GI fellowships versus endocrine fellowships...

Members don't see this ad.

Generally,
Most peds fellowships have spaces which is why almost anyone can make the claim, but like with residency it depends where you want to go. The more sought after larger, higher specialty locations will be harder to get. But for now worry about a great residency. Almost everyone during residency has changes of heart about general vs specialty vs a change in specialty you originally thought was cool.
Good luck