Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I had some quick questions about my chances at competitive peds programs in CA. My family is from there, I did undergrad there, and my partner works there so matching there (or Washington) is a priority, and I really want an academic program.
I understand that peds is not very competitive and I think my application is overall strong with one soft spot that is worrying me.
USMD/MSc candidate
Mid tier medical school in the east coast
Passed step 1
261 Step 2
Passed all clerkships (did not honor any; grading system is honors, pass, fail with 30 percent pass in each rotation) but great MSPE comments (I always scored around 50th percentile for shelves and needed a bit more time to consolidate information which I got when studying for Step 2)
Honored SubI and elective rotations
2 pubs in low impact journals, 2 additional first author pubs submitted, 3 poster pubs
Good LORs I believe
I was thinking of signaling: University of Washington, UCSF, UCSF Oakland, UCLA, and CHLA. Let me know if my signals include too many reaches
I had some quick questions about my chances at competitive peds programs in CA. My family is from there, I did undergrad there, and my partner works there so matching there (or Washington) is a priority, and I really want an academic program.
I understand that peds is not very competitive and I think my application is overall strong with one soft spot that is worrying me.
USMD/MSc candidate
Mid tier medical school in the east coast
Passed step 1
261 Step 2
Passed all clerkships (did not honor any; grading system is honors, pass, fail with 30 percent pass in each rotation) but great MSPE comments (I always scored around 50th percentile for shelves and needed a bit more time to consolidate information which I got when studying for Step 2)
Honored SubI and elective rotations
2 pubs in low impact journals, 2 additional first author pubs submitted, 3 poster pubs
Good LORs I believe
I was thinking of signaling: University of Washington, UCSF, UCSF Oakland, UCLA, and CHLA. Let me know if my signals include too many reaches