Peer Reviewer - Worth Mentioning?

Started by deleted1149441
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1149441

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Over the last few years, I have been invited to be a peer-reviewer for a few different journals (decent IF: ~5 or 6 for all of them). I was wondering if this is a significant enough experience to mention in my application. I don't think I'll list this as a whole new activity, but is it worth using some of the precious characters in one of my research sections to talk about this a little? I'm not sure how unique of an experience this is.

(P.S. If I do put it on the application, is it okay to name drop the journals I reviewed for or is that meant to be confidential?)

Thank you!
 
You can include it as a line in the research activity description, and maybe name drop the most prestigious journal. That said, it is not a huge deal so dont waste that space if there is something better to put