Penn Dental House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about this "all dent" rez at Penn. It seems kind of interesting. How much does it cost. How come no one told us about it at the interview. Does it still exist? Do a lot of first years live there? If not, where do most 1st years live?

Members don't see this ad.

dont u mean UPENN? :laugh:

Audio said:
Can anyone tell me about this "all dent" rez at Penn. It seems kind of interesting. How much does it cost. How come no one told us about it at the interview. Does it still exist? Do a lot of first years live there? If not, where do most 1st years live?

Nice Questions Audio. I was planning to start housing 'research' :) after finals. btw I'm finding it so hard to concentrate. HELP! senioritis :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
JakeMUSC said:
dont u mean UPENN? :laugh:

OMFG...I'M SOOOO SORRY.... *UPENN* :rolleyes:

So this is different than the graduate apartment towers near the center of campus? Those looked nice since you're living with grad students, but have a variety of neighbors to balance out all this mental foramen this and gutta percha that.....

I'mFillingFine said:
So this is different than the graduate apartment towers near the center of campus? Those looked nice since you're living with grad students, but have a variety of neighbors to balance out all this mental foramen this and gutta percha that.....

i heard the high rise grad housing is roach infested

JessicaSimpson said:
i heard the high rise grad housing is roach infested

That's unfortunate! Has anyone else heard the same thing?

And maybe it's just Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches escaped from the vet students....or maybe by "roach", they mean "last bit of a joint". I mean, hey! Ya never know! *optimistic* :)

I'mFillingFine said:
That's unfortunate! Has anyone else heard the same thing?

And maybe it's just Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches escaped from the vet students....or maybe by "roach", they mean "last bit of a joint". I mean, hey! Ya never know! *optimistic* :)

I met a couple of people who lived there, and they both told me the same thing. Also, I heard it's not very social. Don't know anything about the dental housing though.

if you go to penn dentals website there is info on housing. dental and med students live in samson east. its about $630/month. a girl at the interviews liked it a lot, its apartment style with your own room. im planning on looking at them over break cause i live less than an hour away, ill let you know what i think.

The dental house is no longer a program at Penn. There are tons of places to live near the school, and you should have any problems finding housing as long as start lookingi early. I would suggest not living with other dental students, you will be spending so much time together that you will want to be able to get away from time to time. I would also STRONGLY advise against living in Sansom East. Everybody I know who lives there hates it. The rooms are small and expensive.

edkNARF said:
The dental house is no longer a program at Penn. There are tons of places to live near the school, and you should have any problems finding housing as long as start lookingi early. I would suggest not living with other dental students, you will be spending so much time together that you will want to be able to get away from time to time. I would also STRONGLY advise against living in Sansom East. Everybody I know who lives there hates it. The rooms are small and expensive.

when do you suggest we start looking for them?

is march 13th too early? that's my spring break so it'd be nice to go up there if it wasn't too early.

I'm thinking of going to Philadelphia in March too. It would be so nice to spend spring-break looking for apartments (NOT!). I'm sure it would be worth it though. Hey, People already at Penn, I would love to get a place in a VERY QUIET environment. I'm talking MAJOR silence :) Where would you recommend?