Penn dental student..where should I live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starpeckle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im going to be a first year dental student at Penn next year, any suggestions on where I should live? Is it better to be closer to the actual dental school due to classes and the odd hours? In need of advice so any input would really help!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Im going to be a first year dental student at Penn next year, any suggestions on where I should live? Is it better to be closer to the actual dental school due to classes and the odd hours? In need of advice so any input would really help!!

Thanks!

It's best to live next to campus, i.e. the dental school, for the reasons that you listed.

Thanks! Have you heard of Hamilton Court or Chestnut Hall? Any opinions on either one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Have you heard of Hamilton Court or Chestnut Hall? Any opinions on either one?

I haven't heard much about Hamilton Court but I believe Chestnut Hall to be okay. As with anything involving a mortgage or a lease it's best to check the thing out. Now's the time to find an apartment for next year and I encourage you to make a trip to Philly and locate one that is to your liking. There are plenty of okay apartments around here but there are also a lot of stinkers as well.

HamCo has a ton of undergraduates... don't know how you feel about that. I went to look at an apartment there and honestly the rooms are big (tall ceilings) but the overall atmosphere is dark.