Penn interviews and Northwestern Post-bacc info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tiramisu112

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everone!

I am doing a complete career change from business to medicine and after three years in the workforce, I have decided to take the plunge! I am currently waiting to hear back from several pre-med post-bacc programs and hoping to start this summer. I've narrowed down my choices to Northwestern and UPenn, although NYU and Columbia are still distant contenders. Does anyone know how soon UPenn will contact their applicants for interviews upon complete receipt of their application? I received an email from them the other day informing me the application was complete and is under review. Also, is anyone currently doing the post-bacc program at Northwestern and have any opinions, thoughts, words of advice etc. about it? Any of that would be really helpful! Thanks! 🙂
 
I also got my acceptance letter from NYU today. Is anyone currently doing that program and could offer some insight as well? Thanks!

Oh, and out of curiosity, for Penn, on their website, it says all candidates under serious consideration for acceptance are given an interview. Do they usually contact you right away upon receipt of your application? I received an email last Thursday that it was under review, but haven't heard anything so far.....

Any help regarding Northwestern, NYU or Penn would be appreciated! : )
 
My application to Penn was complete on 2/8, and they emailed me an interview invite on 3/13. So it can take a while for them to get back to you.

And congrats on NYU!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ssquared,

Hey thanks! I applied for the summer though, which starts in May.....
Do you mind if I ask your stats? I was a little nervous that I wouldn't make the cut. On the website it said 20-30% admissions rate.
 
I'm applying to Penn Special Science Program in the fall. Anyone else hear back yet? havent gotten a call for interview yet but they emailed saying my application was complete 4/6.