Penn State 3+3 Family Med program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MilToMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here gone through, or is currently in, the 3+3 Penn State Family Med program?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here gone through, or is currently in, the 3+3 Penn State Family Med program?

I'm not even a med student so take what I say with a grain of salt. I have a lot of toes to psu Hershey (went to psu, shadowed physicians at Hershey, many friends work there and a few friends currently at med school there).

I had the program basically described to me as you losing the summer after ms1. Other than that the burden on your studies isn't that much greater. But obviously it locks you into a specialty and residency program so ultimately you gotta decide if that's what you want. Psu Hershey is a great place for residency in anything, though.

Congrats if you got offered this!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not even a med student so take what I say with a grain of salt. I have a lot of toes to psu Hershey (went to psu, shadowed physicians at Hershey, many friends work there and a few friends currently at med school there).

I had the program basically described to me as you losing the summer after ms1. Other than that the burden on your studies isn't that much greater. But obviously it locks you into a specialty and residency program so ultimately you gotta decide if that's what you want. Psu Hershey is a great place for residency in anything, though.

Congrats if you got offered this!

Thank you very much for the response. I have been told a similar thing by a gentleman who is currently enrolled in the program. He said its a bit more demanding, your summer is taken up with studies, and other than that its pretty much the same(ish) ha.