Penn State acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yalla22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got in:)!

On the letter it says I have to acknowledge this acceptance within 2 weeks - does that mean i have to commit to going in 2 weeks or just let them know that i got the letter????

Members don't see this ad.

You don't have to be absolutely certain where you're going until May 15th... This is just reserving your place in the class -it's not binding.

I got in:)!

On the letter it says I have to acknowledge this acceptance within 2 weeks - does that mean i have to commit to going in 2 weeks or just let them know that i got the letter????

Congrats on your acceptance. If you are interested in Penn State then send in your deposit and let them know you are interested. You can hold acceptances at more than one school. When you decide on a school then you can get your deposit back from the other schools. If you don't acknowledge the acceptance in 2 weeks they could give your spot to someone else. I am currently a first year at Penn State so if you have any questions let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you interview, and when is the letter dated?

I interviewed on the 13th and the letter was dated the 19th....

Penn St. was an anomoly where you didn't have to send in a deposit until May 15th. Did anyone else JUST send in that acknowledgement and NOT the deposit?

Wow, you interviewed on Feb. 13 and already got a letter? I'm jealous. You must have really wowed them! Congrats! :D

I interviewed in December and still haven't heard back!!

Congrats man... what was your gpa and mcat? This is one of the schools I am looking forward to applying to next cycle.

Congrats! Maybe we'll be classmates! Be sure to say hello in the allo class thread! :)

I interviewed in December and still haven't heard back!!

I interviewed in November and haven't heard back (well, that's not entirely true- I got put on the death hold...but nothing since).

so you're saying that it only took them 6 days to get back to you? or did you interview January 13th and heard back February 19th? just got a little confused :confused: congrats either way though.

I interviewed in November and haven't heard back (well, that's not entirely true- I got put on the death hold...but nothing since).

Did you at least hear back from them that you are on the waitlist? I haven't heard a thing from them yet.

yea..i received an acceptance from penn state in about a week...

yea..i received an acceptance from penn state in about a week...

Do you have a timeline for that? What date did you submit the secondary, get an invite, interview, and hear back from them?

Did you at least hear back from them that you are on the waitlist? I haven't heard a thing from them yet.

I interviewed in November, heard that I was on "hold" about two weeks ago, and I've been waiting ever since for more news (since they basically tell us not to contact them or send anything supplementary to whatever they already have on file, I'm super anxious).