Penn State Brandywine Post-bacc Jan 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissMariposa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is starting in cohort 5 in January 2012...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There's a post-bacc forum which might get more hits than here.

I hopefully will be!

Yes, perhaps we can get this moved to the Post-Bacc forum to get some more responses.

Anyway, just found out I got in! Look forward to meeting you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! I was accepted for the 2012 cohort, too! Looking forward to meeting you! :)

My application was complete as of Monday, so I'm awaiting a response. The person I'm corresponding with said that it usually takes about a week to hear a response, so by mid next week I'm hoping to hear if I'll be joining you guys!

After someone mentioned it, I posted one over there too - but feel free to move this over! :)

Looking forward to orientation on Dec 3rd - I hope to meet you guys then! I'm commuting to campus from Northern VA...

After someone mentioned it, I posted one over there too - but feel free to move this over! :)

Looking forward to orientation on Dec 3rd - I hope to meet you guys then! I'm commuting to campus from Northern VA...
Please don't cross post the same thread in multiple forums; just post it once in one forum. I will combine the two threads there.

It's Monday and I'm anxiously awaiting a response from Margaret from the admissions office. She said it would be sometime this week that I'd find out if I'm in or not. Fingers crossed!

Greetings fellow SD's!
I too am awaiting a response regarding the status of my application. It was completely submitted on 11/3/11 and I was told that there may be a wait list. For those of you who have been accepted, did you receive a letter in the mail, phone call, email, etc. to notify you of your acceptance? How swift was the turnaround?

Greetings fellow SD's!
I too am awaiting a response regarding the status of my application. It was completely submitted on 11/3/11 and I was told that there may be a wait list. For those of you who have been accepted, did you receive a letter in the mail, phone call, email, etc. to notify you of your acceptance? How swift was the turnaround?

I'm curious who told you there is a wait list. I spoke with Margaret and she said there were a few spots left and she didn't imply that there was a wait list. This was last week so around the same time as your application was completely submitted.

Hi,

I received my acceptance via email. They attached pdf's of my acceptance letter and another document you have to sign and send back. The originals were sent in the mail. In all I think it took 2-3 weeks.

Good luck to you!

I'm curious who told you there is a wait list. I spoke with Margaret and she said there were a few spots left and she didn't imply that there was a wait list. This was last week so around the same time as your application was completely submitted.

I looked on the website and it says that the 2012 cohort has now opened up a wait list. I called to verify and I believe I spoke with her assistant (but don't quote me on that one). I am speaking of the Brandywine campus program, as I believe that Penn State's University campus also has a post bacc. Man, I am now extremely nervous as well! Best of luck to everyone who was accepted and those waiting to be accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked on the website and it says that the 2012 cohort has now opened up a wait list. I called to verify and I believe I spoke with her assistant (but don't quote me on that one). I am speaking of the Brandywine campus program, as I believe that Penn State's University campus also has a post bacc. Man, I am now extremely nervous as well! Best of luck to everyone who was accepted and those waiting to be accepted!

I was curious so I just called in as well. The lady I spoke to this morning said that any completed applications before the notice went up for wait list are not considered part of the "wait list" group. So if you were completed before they went up with the "wait list" notice you're in the clear and still part of the 25! *crosses fingers for the both of us* :xf::luck:

I was curious so I just called in as well. The lady I spoke to this morning said that any completed applications before the notice went up for wait list are not considered part of the "wait list" group. So if you were completed before they went up with the "wait list" notice you're in the clear and still part of the 25! *crosses fingers for the both of us* :xf::luck:
That is good to hear! I am more optimistic now! I am hoping for the best for us all! I sent my application in overnight mail to ensure that it arrived on time so it was there way before the notice went up. Again, best of luck. I'll continue to check in on this thread!

Hi,

I received my acceptance via email. They attached pdf's of my acceptance letter and another document you have to sign and send back. The originals were sent in the mail. In all I think it took 2-3 weeks.

Good luck to you!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the application process. And Congrats on your acceptance!

That is good to hear! I am more optimistic now! I am hoping for the best for us all! I sent my application in overnight mail to ensure that it arrived on time so it was there way before the notice went up. Again, best of luck. I'll continue to check in on this thread!

Yeah I'm kind of in panic mode right now hoping to get accepted soon. If I don't get into this program for January I'll have to wait till next year to start post-bacc work due to my work schedule. :( I'm just so apprehensive since I found out about this program not even a month ago.

Yeah I'm kind of in panic mode right now hoping to get accepted soon. If I don't get into this program for January I'll have to wait till next year to start post-bacc work due to my work schedule. :( I'm just so apprehensive since I found out about this program not even a month ago.
I know the feeling! I have NO TIME to go to class the traditional way. Just stay optimistic and everything will hopefully work out! I'm glad that this thread was developed; it makes me feel like i'm not alone in this *biting nails off completely*
:xf::scared::)

I know the feeling! I have NO TIME to go to class the traditional way. Just stay optimistic and everything will hopefully work out! I'm glad that this thread was developed; it makes me feel like i'm not alone in this *biting nails off completely*
:xf::scared::)

MedicineWoman, I just received a call 15 mins ago and I was accepted!!! You should hear back very soon! :) :)

Congrats! Since our cohort is only 24 students, I'm not surprised there is a waitlist this close to the start date! Are you guys going to the orientation on the 3rd?

Congrats! Since our cohort is only 24 students, I'm not surprised there is a waitlist this close to the start date! Are you guys going to the orientation on the 3rd?

Yes I am!

Edit: Did you guys get any info on the orientation aside the date and time? Like which room it is in or what we will cover? I just know the date/time, but I wasn't given any formal information.

Last edited:
Nothing official yet for location or anything...I'm guessing we'll get another email from Margie Bachelor soon?

Since you all have likely completed the program by now, can you please provide insight into the program? Topics like courses, course rigor in preparation for medical school, professors, advising, EC opportunities, working part-time while attending the program (please mention if you did one year or two year program) would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

J.