Penn State Med School

bc3699

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm still in high school, but I want to go to York College (York, PA) for pre-med. I'm a PA resident. What kind of grades do you need to get into York College for premed? Also, is Penn state med school in IS or OOS biased. Anyone know what kinda grades you have to get to get into Penn state? What about Temple? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to hSDN.

Focus on getting into college and then doing well in college before you start worrying about specifics of applying to certain med schools. Get good grades, volunteer, maybe get involved in some research within the first 2 years.

Admission to college will be mainly based on GPA and SAT or ACT scores. Contact the school in question or check out their website to see if they have additional requirements. Also "pre-med" isn't a major at most schools, you'll have to major in something and just take the pre-med pre-requisites.

Hello. I'm still in high school, but I want to go to York College (York, PA) for pre-med. I'm a PA resident. What kind of grades do you need to get into York College for premed? Also, is Penn state med school in IS or OOS biased. Anyone know what kinda grades you have to get to get into Penn state? What about Temple? Thanks!
No idea about York College, but info for the med schools:

Penn state is a private school, but they do interview 26% of instate applicants while only interviewing 8% of out of state applicants. Their median cumulative GPA is a 3.8, science GPA also a 3.8, and median MCAT score is 83rd percentile.
Temple interviews 29% of PA applicants and 6% out of state, and they have a median cumulative GPA of 3.7, science GPA also 3.7, and median MCAT at 88th percentile.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you give me a list of the shools in PA that are in state biased? Thanks a lot in advance.

There are no public schools in PA, the private schools (like Temple and Penn State) have much higher interview rates for PA applicants but that's as instate biased as it gets.