Penn State - Miami Children´s

Started by Rafo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rafo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there!!

Can someone please comment on these programs?

Thanks!!
 
I can comment on Penn State because I just interviewed there; overall, not too impressed. It is a "hospital within a hospital," meaning the pediatric floor is the 7th floor, and it appeared quite old and outdated. There are plans to build a stand alone children's hospital, but it won't be done for quite awhile. There were lots of complaints from residents about the lack of space...they run out of beds in july, not much work space for residents, tiny conference rooms. Morning conference was poorly attended and there weren't faculty present at either morning or noon conference. Hershey is also kind of blah (but I like urban areas, it could be good for someone with a family.) There didn't appear to be a formal didactic curriculum.

Good points: good size (14/year + med/peds), night float with reasonable call, very nice PD, faculty I met seemed nice, good peds cards with a trip to ecuador yearly for outreach healthcare, outreach with the Milton Hershey school (boarding school for underprivelaged kids).

Hope that helps, PM me with any questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad