Penn State Neurology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

classic13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any insights or opinions regarding the neurology program at Penn State. What's great or not so great, etc. Any info is appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Members don't see this ad.

I have just a small bit of knowledge about the neurology department at Hershey. I can now call myself an MS II at Hershey, and I am currently completing a research project in the neurology department. I have been lucky enough to go into the neuromuscular clinic with the physicians to see patients. Hershey has a somewhat unique approach to help ALS patients cope with their disease - each week an ALS clinic is held for confirmed ALS patients. Each patient meets with an ALS Assoc. nurse, a counselor, the neurologist, a nutritionist, a respiratory therapist, speech therapists, occupational therapists, social work, pastoral care.....you get my drift, any possible person who might assist the patients in their fight. It really helps the patients with limited mobility or those who travel far distances for their care - all the appointments are in one place, one morning. They have similar clinics to handle other diseases, to my knowledge. Sorry I can't give more details, but I hope this helps!
Jen