Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

penn state students..please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calbears84, Aug 5, 2002.

  1. calbears84

    calbears84 professional baller

    Sep 16, 2001
    Likes Received:
    i know penn state has a very good Cardiovascular Center. does penn state give its students the opportunity to research/do clinical work there?
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. jonquille

    jonquille Senior Member

    Mar 4, 2002
    Likes Received:
    I am not a student there, but I do know that at Penn State you are required to do research. I bet you would be able to do research in the cardiovascular center. The dean of admissions is a cardiologist, and seems like a very warm and approachable person. If you are invited for an interview, he will speak to your interview group. You could ask him about the access students have to cardiology research.

    When I interviewed, I was really impressed with Penn State. It seems like a wonderful place to learn medicine. Good luck.
  4. Rezul

    Rezul Portuguese Momma

    Mar 19, 2002
    Likes Received:
    As Jonquille mentioned, students at Penn St are required to do a research project to graduate. You can do the project on any subject you'd like. All you have to do is find a sponsor, who can pretty much be any faculty member doing research. If you find a sponsor at the cardiovascular center you can most certainly do research there. Here is the website for the cardiovascular center:


    Hope this helps! Best of luck!:clap:


Share This Page