SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

penn state students..please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calbears84, Aug 5, 2002.

1. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i know penn state has a very good Cardiovascular Center. does penn state give its students the opportunity to research/do clinical work there?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jonquille

jonquille Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 4, 2002
    I am not a student there, but I do know that at Penn State you are required to do research. I bet you would be able to do research in the cardiovascular center. The dean of admissions is a cardiologist, and seems like a very warm and approachable person. If you are invited for an interview, he will speak to your interview group. You could ask him about the access students have to cardiology research.

When I interviewed, I was really impressed with Penn State. It seems like a wonderful place to learn medicine. Good luck.

4. Rezul

Rezul Portuguese Momma 7+ Year Member

Mar 19, 2002
    As Jonquille mentioned, students at Penn St are required to do a research project to graduate. You can do the project on any subject you'd like. All you have to do is find a sponsor, who can pretty much be any faculty member doing research. If you find a sponsor at the cardiovascular center you can most certainly do research there. Here is the website for the cardiovascular center:

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/cardiovascular/research/index.htm

Hope this helps! Best of luck!:clap:

Rezul