Penn Status Page Change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polargirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else's Penn status page change? Mine used to say under review, but now it says that they have "deferred an interview decision" and that more reviews will occur between now and March. Does this happen to everyone prior to rejection? Or is there any chance that I could end up with an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

mine still says:

Application Status: Complete
Your application is now in the screening process. Complete applications will go through a series of competitive screenings. Interviews will begin in October and continue into March, 2006. Applicants invited for interviews will be notified via email. The Committee on Admissions will make all final decisions in March, 2006.

uh oh now I'll go check :eek: :scared:

edit: damn, mine says the deferred thing. I'm not surprised, really, but it's sad. Guess I don't have a shot at Penn :rolleyes:

double edit: I'm sending them an additional LOR (I asked for it last week). I wonder if that means they'll look at my application again? Oh well, it doesn't make any sense to be upset now. For one thing, I'm not actually expecting to hear anything positive from Penn (just dreaming), so I shouldn't care; and also, all I know at this point is that they decided not to interview me based on their first look at my application, but what does that mean? People probably still get in after not getting an interview on the first sweep.

See I'm thinking/worrying about this way too much. I should just take a chill pill.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same notification on the online website.....i hope it doesn't mean they just want to reject me....

Deferred decision here as well.

yep, also deferred, disappointing it was probably my first choice.

deferred here too.

Now that search is working, anyone know if anybody was interviewed at all after being rejected...er...deferred?

fiddler

well personally I hadn't checked the status page in a while, so maybe people are just finding out because of this post?

deferred here too.. I wish schools would actually tell you what your status means in a meaningful way - eg "you are deferred, while this does not mean a rejection, last year, we interviewed 140 of the 4,200 deferred applicants, and 4 were accepted"

I dunno.. some kind of clue as to what these categories actually mean.

what is the web adress to check status?

I got the deferred status too, but I check the page every day, so this definitely was done within the past day. Interesting--maybe they are just updating the page with decisions they've been making over the past couple weeks?

:luck:

i've been complete since late august and my status page still says complete...no deferral.

my guess: they are so blown away by the awesomeness of my application that they've just been staring at it every day since august and are simply unable to do anything else.

delusions of grandeur rule.