PennMed 2012 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::starts going crazy:: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm losing it too!! I need closure... hopefully a good kind. :idea::(:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I wish they would update their status page and at least give us a ballpark idea when to be on the look out like they did w/ MCAT scores. It gave me a little glimmer of sanity.

Anyone planning to call today? :confused:

9:30 am and still nothing.

Guess it's Friday. Is there a "rip your hair out" emoticon?

Members don't see this ad :)
9:30 am and still nothing.

Guess it's Friday. Is there a "rip your hair out" emoticon?

:laugh: How about a "bash head on table" emoticon?
1261.gif
1087.gif
1062.gif

Even better...
BangWall.gif

Don't think I'll be getting my White Dog "shar pei" :-(.

just called the admissions office- and they said decisions will be posted tomorrow or friday

On my status page, it says that ALL decisions will be made ON March 30th. So where did people get the Wednesday decision day?

actually it says all decisions will be made BY March 30th

On my status page, it says that ALL decisions will be made ON March 30th. So where did people get the Wednesday decision day?
Mine still says All admissions decisions will be announced by March 30.

Oh god, it's the Northwestern thing all over again. Mine says BY March 30th. Is there anyone's who says on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh god, it's the Northwestern thing all over again. Mine says BY March 30th. Is there anyone's who says on?

hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing (about the Northwestern phenomenon). Mine still says "by" March 30.

I'm too old and tired to get worked up over these semantics!!!

BY the 30th for me...how I loathe those words...

The person who posted ON March 30, probably has by but then just replaced it in his or her mind with on. Nothing to worry about. I think Penn would have to screw up a lot to match NU's problems this application year.

They all say 'by' March 30th. And we know they're not going to be posted on Saturday and Sunday (30th), so it's obvious they'll be tomorrow or Friday.

I can't imagine the addmissions committee is so undecided that they'd be working through the weekend. The office probably already has most of the decisions.

Any MSTP people hear?

Nope...even though they already decided on us as early as the 15th... MSTP office is just waiting for the MD office to release so we can hear as well...

Please let me in PENN!!! You are my last hope this cycle!

Fellows, I apologize for saying it will be announced ON.
It's actually By March 30th.

That's said, are we going to learn of decisions on the application website? or through email or letter?

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thank you for calling! You're a very brave person.
My friend called for me (bc i didnt want to get yelled at) and they said like it says on your webpage, by march 30th and she hung up all annoyed.

Sheesh... :(

It would be so funny if it was next Monday instead. O_O

I googled animated emoticons.

I almost had a heart attack because I when I tried to log into the status page, it took longer than usual to load and I thought they had maybe updated it or something.

False alarm... :thumbdown:

I almost had a heart attack because I when I tried to log into the status page, it took longer than usual to load and I thought they had maybe updated it or something.

False alarm... :thumbdown:

haha- same thing just happened to me!

ya its gotten alot slower...but i think it may just be people like use who are crowding the site

My heart is not strong enough for this... now we are banking on how fast the page loads to see if something is cooking. :p

Every time I come back to my computer after being away for prolonged periods of time, I hope that this thread exploded cause of decisions...

And every time I am disappointed...

sigh...

:(

Hahah same here. I'm waiting for it to mysteriously jump to page 18 out of nowhere

Hahah same here. I'm waiting for it to mysteriously jump to page 18 out of nowhere

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure it will tomorrow or friday..

We've already waited for a few months now, what's another 48 hours? (Other than the line between sanity and utter torture for some, haha)

And might I add, I think it's mightily impressive we've made it to page 13, and decisions haven't even gone out yet. We rock :)

So a friend of mine said that she called today to "check on her application," and she said the office told her their computer system for checking applications was down and to call back tomorrow.

Maybe this means they're updating as we speak and they'll release decisions tomorrow? She wasn't very clear unfortunately. :(

So a friend of mine said that she called today to "check on her application," and she said the office told her their computer system for checking applications was down and to call back tomorrow.

Maybe this means they're updating as we speak and they'll release decisions tomorrow? She wasn't very clear unfortunately. :(

Here's to another night of tossing and turning... well, I'm too tired to do that so I'll probably just conk out anyways! :sleep:

We've already waited for a few months now, what's another 48 hours? (Other than the line between sanity and utter torture for some, haha)

And might I add, I think it's mightily impressive we've made it to page 13, and decisions haven't even gone out yet. We rock :)

We DO rock.
And when decisions come out, we're all gonna rock even harder.

are we now competing against other threads?

Any brave soul want to call in one last time and try to get a more clear answer? It's almost the end of the day on the east coast. I would, but I'm chicken. :rolleyes:

ri4185.jpg

Any brave soul want to call in one last time and try to get a more clear answer? It's almost the end of the day on the east coast. I would, but I'm chicken. :rolleyes:

ri4185.jpg

I dare someone to wear that costume to the Penn revisit. Reward; a drink of your choice!

Yes, that's right I managed to combine easter candy and alcohol in one post. :)

I dare someone to wear that costume to the Penn revisit. Reward; a drink of your choice!

Yes, that's right I managed to combine easter candy and alcohol in one post. :)

LOL! I would pay good money to see that!!! :laugh: