Program-Specific Info / Q's Pennsylvania OT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rach528

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I am in the process of applying to OT schools. I live in Pennsylvania and would like to stay here for OT school. But, I am applying to some out of state schools too just to be safe. Has anyone been accepted to Pitt, Chatham, or Duquesne? If so, what were your stats? I'm getting really nervous!

Members don't see this ad.

I live in PA and I'm applying to PA schools as well as some out of state schools too. Which out of state schools are you applying to?

I haven't decided yet! I am still going back and forth. How about you? and what PA schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from ohio but I'm thinking about applying to a couple of the schools in the Pittsburgh area. For 2016 though, I still have to do most prereqs

I haven't decided yet! I am still going back and forth. How about you? and what PA schools!

PA Schools: Temple (got my bachelor's there), Jefferson, Philly U, University of the Sciences, Salus, and Chatham are on my list so far.

PA Schools: Temple (got my bachelor's there), Jefferson, Philly U, University of the Sciences, Salus, and Chatham are on my list so far.

Did you apply yet? I completed my application on September 10. It says that OTCAS is verifying applications that were completed August 24. It has said this for the past week though. I'm anxious to get it verified!

Yes I submitted my app yesterday. I am just making sure all the schools have my transcripts/gre scores/supplemental apps!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I submitted my app yesterday. I am just making sure all the schools have my transcripts/gre scores/supplemental apps!
I wasn't sure if I should wait until my application is verified or if I should start sending my stuff now.

Well when your application is verified-- that's when they can start looking at it. So by that time, you want them to have your scores and official transcripts and supp. apps so they can just go over everything you sent in without having to wait. So start sending now so they will have everything they need.

Well when your application is verified-- that's when they can start looking at it. So by that time, you want them to have your scores and official transcripts and supp. apps so they can just go over everything you sent in without having to wait. So start sending now so they will have everything they need.
Okay that's a good idea. Thanks! I ended up applying to the same schools as you except not temple or Jefferson.

I applied to Philly U, Temple, Jefferson, USciences, Salus and some out of state schools: Nova Southeastern, University of Alabama at birmingham, Brenau, Governors State.

It's really a pain getting everything together and organized! Now we wait!!! MONTHS! haha

I applied to Philly U, Temple, Jefferson, USciences, Salus and some out of state schools: Nova Southeastern, University of Alabama at birmingham, Brenau, Governors State.

It's really a pain getting everything together and organized! Now we wait!!! MONTHS! haha
The out of state schools I applied to are in Virginia. I didn't want to go super far away! But I'm so impatient haha does your account say that they're verifying August 24?

The out of state schools I applied to are in Virginia. I didn't want to go super far away! But I'm so impatient haha does your account say that they're verifying August 24?

Oh yeah I applied to two Virginia schools too- Shenandoah and Murphy Deming. Which ones did you apply to? I have to do an online medical terminology course because I never took that. :( I am just waiting on hearing if they will accept one I found online.
Yes it says they are verifying August 24th submissions.

Oh yeah I applied to two Virginia schools too- Shenandoah and Murphy Deming. Which ones did you apply to? I have to do an online medical terminology course because I never took that. :( I am just waiting on hearing if they will accept one I found online.
Yes it says they are verifying August 24th submissions.
I applied to Shenandoah too! I had to be picky with schools because my school doesn't offer a wide variety of classes. So some preqs I wouldn't have been able to take. But I applied to 7 total so as long as I get into one I'm happy lol but all of my schools except online courses. I was planning on taking medical terminology online so hopefully you should be okay!

I applied to Shenandoah too! I had to be picky with schools because my school doesn't offer a wide variety of classes. So some preqs I wouldn't have been able to take. But I applied to 7 total so as long as I get into one I'm happy lol but all of my schools except online courses. I was planning on taking medical terminology online so hopefully you should be okay!

What school do you go to? I am not in school, right now.. I graduated last spring. I found an online course for $190ish thru UC San Diego Extension. I actually found it by looking through this forum. Hopefully they all say it is ok to take.

I'm so nervous, I really hope I get accepted somewhere! I don't really want to move far away, but it could be a fun experience for a couple years. I'm also worried about travel costs for interviews- if invited of course. I've already spent so much money applying and sending out transcripts/GRE scores haha.

What school do you go to? I am not in school, right now.. I graduated last spring. I found an online course for $190ish thru UC San Diego Extension. I actually found it by looking through this forum. Hopefully they all say it is ok to take.

I'm so nervous, I really hope I get accepted somewhere! I don't really want to move far away, but it could be a fun experience for a couple years. I'm also worried about travel costs for interviews- if invited of course. I've already spent so much money applying and sending out transcripts/GRE scores haha.

I go to Pitt-Greensburg! I'm graduating this April. If I don't get in somewhere I guess I'll just take a year off. But I'm worried about traveling for interviews too! Salus is the furthest and idk how I'm going to travel when I'm taking 18 credits this semester. Plus it's an expense like you said. Everything is so expensive! Westmoreland Community College (which is the county I'm in) offers medical terminology for around the same price. It might cost more if you're out of the county though. Where are you from?

I'm closer to Philadelphia, like 15-20 minutes outside of the city. Salus is further from you than Shenandoah?

I'm closer to Philadelphia, like 15-20 minutes outside of the city. Salus is further from you than Shenandoah?

They are both around 6 hours from me. But, I don't think Shenandoah has an interview.

Ohhhhhhhh ok, I'm mixing up all the schools and stuff they require, it's all such a blur! lol. Hoping to hear good news!

Ohhhhhhhh ok, I'm mixing up all the schools and stuff they require, it's all such a blur! lol. Hoping to hear good news!
I know what you mean! It's definitely stressful. Good luck :)

You too! Let me know if you hear back from anyone.
I was just reading some posts from last year on this forum and apparently Shenandoah does have an interview. Last year there was one January 13. Luckily, I just realized it's only 3 hours from me, not 6. Not too bad! So if you get an interview, let me know :)