people going to drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

madonna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where are you going to live?

Members don't see this ad.

madonna said:

I'm going to be in Alden Park for MS1, you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dudes. I went to Temple, and am familiar with many of the neighborhoods around there, feel free to shoot over a Q if you want to know anything. I can speak for Roxborough and Manayunk, which are quite nice ;). Also, East Falls is even closer to the Drexel med school.

If you're ever in Roxborough, go to Moe's (for burritos) and tell them Sean says what's up. ;)

madonna said:

I live at Park Heights (Wissahickon and Chelton-across the street from Alden Park). PM me with your Ph # if you want some more info or if you need a place to stay while you find a place.

Welcome to the good life.

park heights.

rock on.

I currently live downtown, and I plan to stay here until April ( when my lease is up). After that I will probably move to Manayunk so I can have an extra bedroom to use as an office. Manayunk is pretty cool. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, bars etc. It is probably 5 - 10 minutes from school, and it is maybe a little nicer than east falls. Hope that helps. I am from this area, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

R*ckstar said:
I currently live downtown, and I plan to stay here until April ( when my lease is up). After that I will probably move to Manayunk so I can have an extra bedroom to use as an office. Manayunk is pretty cool. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, bars etc. It is probably 5 - 10 minutes from school, and it is maybe a little nicer than east falls. Hope that helps. I am from this area, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

5-10 min driving or walking? how far is downtown? i was only in phili for few hours after my interview and didn't get a chance to check out the surroundings

Manayunk is about 5 - 10 minutes driving. Center City is about 15 - 20 minutes driving without traffic. However, it is my understanding that traffic on Kelly Drive (a main road running along the river that connects east falls/manayunk to center city) is not usually too bad. Manayunk and Center City are probably a little more exciting than East Falls. There are more shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Hope that helps! Feel free to PM me with any questions about Philly. I grew up in the area, and I am a BIG fan :)