People who submit < August, Finish Interviews < Dec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geneman

The Transgenic Hobo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do people who submit their AMCAS before August (and their 2ndarys ASAP) typically finish their interviews before the end of the year?

Members don't see this ad.

i assume you're not an august mcat-er?

Not an august mcat-er.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, my last interview was in late Feb, even though I submitted and was complete at most schools before August. But of course, last year was a completely different story than this year... The AMCAS fiasco delayed my application at a lot of schools.

Last year was not the best year to use as a guideline. I submitted before July and didn't have my first interview until January.

can anybody comment on how this year's app process seems to be running? I was worried for a while when my AMCAS was still waiting to be verified, but now that that's over, I'm a bit calmer.

Originally posted by Adcadet
can anybody comment on how this year's app process seems to be running? I was worried for a while when my AMCAS was still waiting to be verified, but now that that's over, I'm a bit calmer.

not me, i'm a nervous wreck. still waiting for those magic words: verified, processed. :(

Originally posted by mpp
Last year was not the best year to use as a guideline. I submitted before July and didn't have my first interview until January.

When were your apps recognized as 'complete'?

For some schools it wasn't until November that the schools got the verified AMCAS application. Therefore my application was not complete until that time even though the secondaries had been complete since August.