1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

percentage grades and GPA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by emuluver, Apr 19, 2007.

1. emuluver

Pre-Medical
    My school does not give out a GPA (at least I think), but goes by percentage grades. My first year of school, I really ****ed up and almost had academic probation (you need less then 60%- I got exactly a 60% average my first year). My second and third year I pulled up my socks and got decent grades (A's and B's). Now I am wondering how % grades are turned in to GPA? Further more, do they count all years when applying to med school or only the last two (like some grad programs do)? I am so worried that my first year of university will blow over my chances of med school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. freyja

freyja Shredder
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Your 1st year average would translate to 1.70 to 2.30 GPA, depending on what university you're attending. here: http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/pdf/c_omsas_b.pdf :)

As for your second question, it depends on what university. There are some that just count the best two years.
    I can't say I have heard of an instance that med schools took all 4 yrs into account.