Perfusion, Midwestern 2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! You received the email yesterday? I haven't heard anything back yet. This is making me really nervous.

Thank you! Yes, I heard back earlier in the week. I had applied late December.

Members don't see this ad.

I just was invited to a Skype interview with Quinnipiac! Any hints as to what it feels like?

Also has anybody heard back from Iowa yet? I received an email response from them the other day (after emailing them and asking them on status) saying they had record number of applications this year and would start sending out interview requests towards the end of February.

Reactions: 1 user
I just was invited to a Skype interview with Quinnipiac! Any hints as to what it feels like?

Also has anybody heard back from Iowa yet? I received an email response from them the other day (after emailing them and asking them on status) saying they had record number of applications this year and would start sending out interview requests towards the end of February.
Skype interview is very relaxed. So I wouldn't worry too much. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone apply to any other schools? iowa anyone?

I applied to Iowa but haven't heard anything back regarding interview requests. I emailed them a few days ago to check on the status, and they said they were still in the process of reviewing applications due to the record number they rec'ed this year and would be starting interviews late Feb into early March. Have you heard anything else?

I applied to Iowa but haven't heard anything back regarding interview requests. I emailed them a few days ago to check on the status, and they said they were still in the process of reviewing applications due to the record number they rec'ed this year and would be starting interviews late Feb into early March. Have you heard anything else?
I reached out to someone on here who applied last year and this year and they told me that they got a letter in the mail for an interview on Feb 5th for the end of this week... I figured my chance of getting in was zero if the letters have been sent out but their response to you does give me slight hope that they haven't considered my application yet... but idk.. I also have a strong feeling that if you weren't contacted yet via mail then it may not be good news. :(

wow, really? this makes me more hopeful!

Anyone emailed Quinnipiac to know where their application stands? I haven’t heard back so I’m getting worried.

I just received my acceptance to Midwestern! Good luck to everyone else this application cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my acceptance to Midwestern! Good luck to everyone else this application cycle!
Congratulations! I am currently on the waiting list I hope I hear back from them! If not there is next year.

I interview at Rush on Friday, haven’t heard anything from MUSC, I know they kept on extending their deadline for a while due to bad weather and the offices being closed so it might be a bit

I'll be interviewing at Rush this week! Any information as to the interview style/questions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Plz and thanks! :)

Hey Guys,
I received a skype interview a couple weeks ago for Quinnipiac but have yet to actually have the interview. Any suggestions on what to have prepared? Also out of curiosity, what is everyone's backgrounds who have applied or been accepted to schools? I've just been curious what what careers lead people to applying for perfusion schools. I'm currently a respiratory therapist.

I have also applied to MUSC, Nebraska, TJU and have not yet heard back from them -and am about to submit an application to Texas Heart.

I originally came to this forum in hopes that it would alleviate some stress about this process, but think it made it bigger haha. Good luck to everyone else out there in the same boat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,
I received a skype interview a couple weeks ago for Quinnipiac but have yet to actually have the interview. Any suggestions on what to have prepared? Also out of curiosity, what is everyone's backgrounds who have applied or been accepted to schools? I've just been curious what what careers lead people to applying for perfusion schools. I'm currently a respiratory therapist.

I have also applied to MUSC, Nebraska, TJU and have not yet heard back from them -and am about to submit an application to Texas Heart.

I originally came to this forum in hopes that it would alleviate some stress about this process, but think it made it bigger haha. Good luck to everyone else out there in the same boat.

When is your interview scheduled for? I found it, like other's told me, very relaxed and not a high stress situation. Just prepare normal interview questions and you'll do fine! Good luck!

Hey Guys,

Well I cannot speak specifically for the schools you applied for, but in my interview process the main thing just seemed to be how much you know about perfusion so you know what you are getting into (how they interact in the OR, their lifestyle, what the future of it is, the stress, etc.) and then basically the other questions you would expect to get (why you want to do it, why you would be a good fit, maybe why you want to be in their program, etc). I also think its good to be prepared with questions to ask to show more interest. Just be yourself and I'm sure you will do just fine!

Hey Guys,

Congratulations on your interview! May ask when you applied to the program? I'm losing hope that I'll even get a shot at an interview. I have worked as a medical assistant at a family practice clinic and as a CNA. Maybe, my background isn't good enough. Best of luck on your interview!

Has anybody had any updates in their statuses? :) Hoping for good news from everybody!

I heard that Milwaukee School of Engineering has filled all of their spots.

I am still waiting to hear anything back from: Medical University of South Carolina, and Thomas Jefferson. (And Midwestern, but that may be normal because they are rolling and I applied about 6 weeks ago)

im still waiting over here... have you heard back?

I have not heard anything back as of yet! I bet the big snow storm today and yesterday could have delayed things a bit. I know the campus was closed yesterday.

Anyone receive acceptance/rejections letters from any of the programs? Goodluck to everyone

Has anyone that has had an interview at MUSC heard back from them yet?

On the wait list at Midwestern, Interviewed at MUSC but haven't heard back from them.

I also interviewed at MUSC and have yet to hear anything.

accepted to Midwestern

interviewed in february and was accepted about 1.5-2 weeks later which was when they said they were going to notify us

On the wait list at Midwestern, Interviewed at MUSC but haven't heard back from them.
When was your interview? Mine was in Feb. I am interviewing at SUNY-upstate today.

When was your interview? Mine was in Feb. I am interviewing at SUNY-upstate today.
Found out today that MUSC is now filled. Didn't make it in. Still on waitlist for Midwestern.

Found out today that MUSC is now filled. Didn't make it in. Still on waitlist for Midwestern.
Where did you hear that they had filled their positions if you don't mind me asking?

I’m beginning to lose all hope. I haven’t heard back from any of the programs I applied to.

From MUSC
Ahh yeah just received my email from MUSC today... not accepted but have been accepted for an alternate to admission....
Does anyone have any advice on what schools are looking for? I have a great GPA, good GRE, semester long internship in perfusion under 6 different perfusionists in 2 different hospitals, good recommendations, strong essay and really thought my interview went well. Just wondering how to boost my resume in order to try again.

I was told that one of the biggest things they look for is dedication. They asked me how important it was to me, what I have sacrificed, and what I was willing to sacrifice for it.
I also made it a point to make my essay stand out and follow what is normally used and also expressed my dedication to this field

Does anyone know the format of the Midwestern interviews? Is it multiple students being interviewed in one day, or one-on-one? Group/solo tour?

Hi everyone! This year I applied a second time around and ended up getting 8 interviews and getting into a few. Do you guys feel like it would be helpful if I posted my experiences getting ready for applications and interviewing? I could make a long post on Reddit in the r/Perfusion community there. Ideally I'd like to make a sort of masterpost for future applicants.

Um, YES PLEASE. :)

Hi everyone! This year I applied a second time around and ended up getting 8 interviews and getting into a few. Do you guys feel like it would be helpful if I posted my experiences getting ready for applications and interviewing? I could make a long post on Reddit in the r/Perfusion community there. Ideally I'd like to make a sort of masterpost for future applicants.
I would appreciate it!

Does anyone know if Quinnipiac's perfusion program has filled all their seats?

Anyone have any tips or info for an interview at Texas Heart?

I am on the wait list for Midwestern too. Do you know when we are going to find out? This waiting is getting too long.

Anyone get an interview for Texas Heart?. I have mine on May 14th. Just wondering what to expect

I have my interview at Texas Heart on May 18th. I'm not sure what to expect they said it was about 30 minutes. I asked how many people they usually interview and they said about 50-60 applicants.

Last edited: