Perio 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catdentist

Dental pointe
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello humans!

Is anyone applying for Perio residency this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does anyone have an idea if U of Florida , U of kentucky and U of Iowa take international graduates ? (I know that their websites says they do, but i'm asking in general if someone has heard anything)

and do they only prefer the students that intern there

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks !!!1

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone have an idea if U of Florida , U of kentucky and U of Iowa take international graduates ? (I know that their websites says they do, but i'm asking in general if someone has heard anything)

and do they only prefer the students that intern there

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks !!!1
University of Iowa does

Anyone have any information on the Perio program at University of Washington? Competitiveness level (difficulty of getting an interview)/ residency structure. Wasn’t able to visit or shadow at the program because of cost. I saw on an old post they only had one interview day for last year. Thanks!

It is suppose to be one of the best programs in the country and from what I have heard it's extremely competitive.
The current resident profiles at UW are extremely good , you should check their profiles and decide.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
After completing PASS n secondary application do we contact the college or wait for them to send completion emails ???
(especially in colleges where contact info of only program director is on website and no other person)
any info would be appreciated !!!!!

did anyone get completion emails from San Antonio or Louisiana ??

Are people submitting their pass before everything is actually in it? Aka all I’m waiting on is letters of rec to be uploaded, submit or wait? Thanks

Are people submitting their pass before everything is actually in it? Aka all I’m waiting on is letters of rec to be uploaded, submit or wait? Thanks
I did pay before everything was completed on my application.
I remember them saying last time that only after I pay they will process my transcripts and as, they have increased their processing time for transcripts to 7-10 working days I Payed way early.

How are you guys verifying whether or not your applications have been received?How do we know that our applications are complete?
Are people calling to verify or emailing ? I'm not able to reach a bunch of colleges , not sure how to confirm !!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So my school did not allow us to schedule part II boards until finishing third year (right now). Colorado told me today that my application is incomplete and will not be reviewed without part II boards. Did anyone else think this was the case? Is this the case with all of the schools?

So my school did not allow us to schedule part II boards until finishing third year (right now). Colorado told me today that my application is incomplete and will not be reviewed without part II boards. Did anyone else think this was the case? Is this the case with all of the schools?
I remember meeting a lot of US graduates last year, none had taken the part 2 so I think not many colleges would have a problem with u not having taken it. Most college websites state that u need to pass part 2 prior to beginning the program, so I don't think u should worry. U should check college websites ( Where ever u have applied) and then if u still have doubt about certain colleges email them , almost all colleges are quick to respond.

I remember meeting a lot of US graduates last year, none had taken the part 2 so I think not many colleges would have a problem with u not having taken it. Most college websites state that u need to pass part 2 prior to beginning the program, so I don't think u should worry. U should check college websites ( Where ever u have applied) and then if u still have doubt about certain colleges email them , almost all colleges are quick to respond.
Ya that was my understanding so I was surprised/ confused. Thanks though

Guys does mails often get lost in USPS ? One of the college messaged me that they did not receive my secondary application but it should have reached them over a week ago , is this kind of delay normal or is my post lost ???

Guys does mails often get lost in USPS ? One of the college messaged me that they did not receive my secondary application but it should have reached them over a week ago , is this kind of delay normal or is my post lost ???
Try looking for its location if you have a tracking number

How are you guys verifying whether or not your applications have been received?How do we know that our applications are complete?
Are people calling to verify or emailing ? I'm not able to reach a bunch of colleges , not sure how to confirm !!!!
I recieved completion emails from a few schools, nothing from others.

I recieved completion emails from a few schools, nothing from others.
Good to know
I did not hear from anyone for over 2 week (Except a couple) so i emailed all colleges I got completion from all but 2 (San antonio and south carolina )

Good to know
I did not hear from anyone for over 2 week (Except a couple) so i emailed all colleges I got completion from all but 2 (San antonio and south carolina )
What schools replied to your emails? coz i been emailing and no one is replying

What schools replied to your emails? coz i been emailing and no one is replying
1.U of Tennessee they asked me to send a photo n said rest all was complete
2.Louisiana State university contacted like 10 times n finally they replied email them at around 3:30 PM EST
3.U of Louisville they called me in may and asked a couple of documents as I submitted way too early. Then I contacted them a couple of weeks back n they said they has everything they want
4. Marquette university said they needed nothing except PASS
5.VCU replies back super quick
6.UAB email in morning will reply in a day or two
7.UNC said they need nothing except PASS
8. U of San Antonio said that their new batch has arrived so they can only get back next week
9.UIC u get an email within a couple of hours of submitting PASS
10.Saint Louis contact Graduate Program n they reply within the next day
11.Case Western : Try emailing a couple of times n they revert back
12.Iowa,OSU its not PASS n so u jus know after uploading all documents that ur application is complete
13. U of Buffalo u get a mail on the day u submit n pay
14.Houston said they need nothing except PASS
If u need any of these college contact person n email let me know

Last edited:
1.U of Tennessee they asked me to send a photo n said rest all was complete
2.Louisiana State university contacted like 10 times n finally they replied email them at around 3:30 PM EST
If u need any of these college contact person n email let me know
Im trying to contact OSU and Saint louis can i have there emails?

Im trying to contact OSU and Saint louis can i have there emails?

Hi mbb3003,

Saint Louis : [email protected] they will reply in a couple of days. If u think they haven't u can also mail [email protected] both reply back within 2 business days and are quick to resolve any issue.( I emailed both for all queries when I was completing my application in March)

OSU: First email [email protected] if they cannot resolve the issue , email [email protected]. Usually the grad email will resolve ur issue super quick.

mhb3003 :

OSU if no one replies u can email the program director as well he would definitely reply, n if u have doubts about the program email a resident they will revert back. I did that last year !!!

Thank you so much guys. Lets hope for the best for all of us

International students who have applied to Iowa please check your Admissions account stat ( deadline is today) as they now require students irrespective of the country to upload their dental license, so if u haven't uploaded do it stat. ( Until couple of weeks back there was no provision to upload for internationals)

Last edited:
International students who have applied to Iowa please check your Admissions account stat ( deadline is today) as they now require students irrespective of the country to upload their dental license, so if u haven't uploaded do it stat. ( Until couple of weeks back there was no provision to upload for internationals)
I just checked mine couldnt find the place to upload it, its just showing that they missing my transcripts.

I just checked mine couldnt find the place to upload it, its just showing that they missing my transcripts.
Not sure y !!!! I submitted my application in April but yest all of a sudden I saw the License requirement statement was changed to "submit dental license irrespective of country" so I thought il let others know. May be u have already uploaded ur license, I had major problem with my portal when I was completing my application, may be that's y the license thing changed for me now !!!

guys did anyone get any confirmations from MUSC ??? like a completion mail or something ? I need to contact them but don't have a contact email address !!

if anyone knows their email id please let me know !! The website only has program directors email address .

Thanks !!

guys did anyone get any confirmations from MUSC ??? like a completion mail or something ? I need to contact them but don't have a contact email address !!

if anyone knows their email id please let me know !! The website only has program directors email address .

Thanks !!
Whish i can help but i didnt apply there

Has anyone applied to UCONN Perio, NOVA, West Virgina and UT Houston?
When I should expect to hear from them?

Houston ive applied
west virginia Perio.org says won't accept residents this cycle so did not apply
did not apply to UCONN n NOVA

any reasons why u didnt apply o Nova and Uconn (i hear this one is a great program)?

any reasons why u didnt apply o Nova and Uconn (i hear this one is a great program)?
U Conn required an official transcript and it takes minimum of 7-8 weeks for me to get one and thus I thought I would be too late in the application cycle. Moreover I was extremely confused by their application procedure on their website and so I did not apply.

I have heard very good reviews about both programs, all the best for your application cycle.

Last edited:
Has anyone received a completion email from U of Tennessee or MUSC ?

Guys Virginia Common Wealth (VCU) sent out invites September 17 via email

Interview invite from LSU today. Anyone heard much either way on the program?

Program director at MUSC has changed to Dr. Michael Cuenin and their deadline has been shifted to October 2 and they said they haven't reviewed any applications yet.

Last edited:
So until now,

UIC July 13th via email
LSU August 17th via email
VCU september 10 and 17 via email

please update this, as ans when we get invites so that its easy for people to view. All the best !!!

Can you share your status (credentials) ?
Curently a dental student and non resident.
Within the top 5 of my class
Fair amount of extracurricular ,leadership positions and research.
No standardized exam scores were submitted.
Best of luck!

What are possible things you guys are thinking of doing research on for your masters?

also, has anyone heard from Tufts, BU, Rutgers, or Buffalo?