perio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

himal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did any 1 hear from perio programs? when do the schools start the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that lots of programs have started interviewing. I know for a fact that SA, UW, VCU, OSU, OHSU, USC, Tenn., UConn, UIC have interviewed already. Some of these programs may or may not interview additional applicants; some programs have already filled their class. I think Maryland is probably done interviewing by now as well. If you don't hear anything in 2 weeks from now, I would be worried and start calling programs to see if they have any spots as some initial acceptances may have dropped out which would potentially open up space for someone else. Good luck!

One of my classmates accepted a perio spot at MUSC in Charleston. I think his interview was about a month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any 1 hear from rochester, Loma linda and Saint Louis?
Have they already interviewed?

For the VA's there may be a citizen requriement, and only if no qualified citizens apply will international applications be entertained.

Last year I had an interview scheduled for late Septemeber at LLinda, but didn't go. When I spoke to the secretary, she gave me two interview date options which were about a week apart. Also, my USC interview was around the same time, but didn't go. Oregon filled its class 3 weeks ago. Also, by this time last year the VA in West LA filled its class. I didn't attend the LLinda interview, but I have heard that the school has traditionally been a program that does little surgery, but this could be false...see for yourself. Last year I think it was Kansas or Missouri that was having trouble filling their class...rumor is there is no implant placement by residents. You will have to verify this during your interview. Oh, I think Ohio State filled it's class as well and I think that UCLA has started interviewing too as a friend got a call from them a few weeks ago.

I think most programs generally do 2-3 batches of interviews and after that the classes get filled. There are exceptions of course.