Periodic Table on the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samurai361

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there access to a periodic table during the PCAT exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Well thanks for the answer. I did a search (I should've remembered to do that before asking, sorry :/) and it looks like we should know the first 2 rows.

Well thanks for the answer. I did a search (I should've remembered to do that before asking, sorry :/) and it looks like we should know the first 2 rows.

I'd say you should know the halogens, nobles, alkali and alkaline (lower MW ones) and then the second row (and maybe sulfur and phosphorus for bonding abilities)

edit: and you should also know the trends, MW, size, electron affinity, electronegativity

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks but I actually read reports of sometimes the info not all being included, like in this post. Also for trends and stuff like which is more electronegative, I or Cl, we'd have to know the positions at least.

Thanks CK, I think that sounds good and comprehensive.

I'd memorize a few molecular weights of common molecules as a time saver. They should give you enough info to figure it out but it will save some time if you already know the MW of H2O, CO2, NO2, for example.