Perioptix 2.5x Loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gintaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have any of you heard of perioptix's loupes or tried/used them? Are they any good?

I'm really considering the Legacy Mirage 2.5x ones as my startoff loupes (will prob get higher mag and more expensive ones for endo later).

Also any suggestions for lights, which brand I should consider? inb4 tape a torchlight on top of your head.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'll respond because I just purchased some perioptix 3.0 flip ups and no one else could tell me anything about them.
The optics seemed to be pretty good, as did the magnification. The flip ups were a little on the heavy side, but not too bad. I really didn't like the golf frames that I got, but that is easily fixable. My biggest problem was the depth of field. It seemed like I only had 2-3 inches to work with. If I needed to see something really good, I'd have to take the loupes off (doesn't that defeat the purpose). I think this problem may just be the fact that they were 3.0's, I'm not sure if the 2.5 are the same. My suggestion would be to try the perioptix and see if they'll work for you. You can always send them back if they don't (this is what I ended up doing). Their customer service has been great, and I think I'll order the 2.5's because I liked how they treated me. Ask them to waive the shipping for you.

I'll respond because I just purchased some perioptix 3.0 flip ups and no one else could tell me anything about them.
The optics seemed to be pretty good, as did the magnification. The flip ups were a little on the heavy side, but not too bad. I really didn't like the golf frames that I got, but that is easily fixable. My biggest problem was the depth of field. It seemed like I only had 2-3 inches to work with. If I needed to see something really good, I'd have to take the loupes off (doesn't that defeat the purpose). I think this problem may just be the fact that they were 3.0's, I'm not sure if the 2.5 are the same. My suggestion would be to try the perioptix and see if they'll work for you. You can always send them back if they don't (this is what I ended up doing). Their customer service has been great, and I think I'll order the 2.5's because I liked how they treated me. Ask them to waive the shipping for you.

Its your mag if you needed to see something "really good". Go up in power.

Its your mag if you needed to see something "really good". Go up in power.

Well obviously its the magnification, I'm saying when I want to move closer to the patient to get a better view of something, my depth of field won't allow much movement. After re-reading the post, I can see that was a little confusing. Thanks for pointing it out for correction