peripheral nerve stim

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crybaby

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Bioness peripheral nerve stim for pain.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Bioness peripheral nerve stim for pain.
My friend did sobs in fellowship and said it was legit...and not invasive at all compared to the traditional peripheral nerve stim systems.
I am currently getting onboarded at my hospital.
I have a guy with failed total shoulder. He did very well with suprascapular nerve block but only temporary benefit.
Instead of RF'ing, I was going to use the Bioness, but I thought positioning might be awkward, the scapula is mobile, where is he gonna place the IPG etc.
What do u all think?

Few cases.
Easy peasy for placement but unsure for efficacy yet in the long term.
Get 10:1 surface stim to nerve stim which might make it hard
Limited distance from target nerve and need to be very coaxial to get good capture
It's a slam dunk for the post-stroke shoulder pain population if you see them.

Thinking to move to Stimwave's system as it is a longer and trimmable lead and more similar to SCS systems as compared to Bioness' equipment.

Either beats using a conventional system for peripheral.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this paid by insurance/Medicare? Stimwave looks like the way to go for this I think as well but I have no experience.

Reactions: 1 user
What dx and procedure codes are you using to get these paid? I stopped doing peripheral stim years ago because very limited coverage

I like the ipg in the pocket for something I think has a high risk of migration/not working long term.