Personal assests protection from lawsuits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scharnhorst

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work in an FQHC and have a lot of patients and relatively poor support staff and a lot of potential for lawsuits
I do have malpractice insurance but do I need to purchase additonal protection to prevent someone from sueing me for my personal assests ? My malpractice is part of TORTs reform as I work in FQHC
any input is appreciated
 
what specialty are you in? this will affect your lawsuit potential. best to speak with an attorney about asset protection strategies, which can be complex, and vary depend on your personal circumstances.