Personal Essay ONLINE help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

platinumcaps

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If schools find out that you used an online site to enhance your essay, what would they do? I was looking online to make sure my topic wasn't too cliche and I came across this ** Click this to see the site ** I am telling myself not to get tempted, because I think it takes away from the voice of your essay. Is it against any policies?

Members don't see this ad.

platinumcaps said:
If schools find out that you used an online site to enhance your essay, what would they do? I was looking online to make sure my topic wasn't too cliche and I came across this ** Click this to see the site ** I am telling myself not to get tempted, because I think it takes away from the voice of your essay. Is it against any policies?

they will not find out. if i were you i do it. in michigan university of michigan is the only dental school that requires an applicant to write an essay during the interview. most of the dental schools doesn't require that, and they will not find out that your essay was revised.

I guess it's not consider cheating, but instead revising. The price that they charge is very steep. $379 or something close to that number. How do you other guys feel about it?

platinumcaps said:
I guess it's not consider cheating, but instead revising. The price that they charge is very steep. $379 or something close to that number. How do you other guys feel about it?

why dont you try your school's writing lab (if there is one) or maybe theres a career center at your school that reads over resume's, cover letters, and would be willing to read your statement? I used essay edge to proof my essay and they did a pretty good job. I took a writing class with a professor and also had him read over my final draft of my statement. He was able to refine my paper even more. The best thing would be to go to a professor you trust. I got lots of one on one time with my professor. He was VERY helpful, and best of all, FREE.

Members don't see this ad :)
issa said:
they will not find out. if i were you i do it. in michigan university of michigan is the only dental school that requires an applicant to write an essay during the interview. most of the dental schools doesn't require that, and they will not find out that your essay was revised.

i think UCLA also makes you write an essay during interview.

most writing professors are willing to help you and meet with you to look over you dental/medical essay. You should visit him/her during their office hours so they get to know you and will be glad to help.

platinumcaps said:

This is a legit service. They absolutely do not write it for you. You have to submit your own essay first and then they will revise/edit it for you much like a "writing center" at your school would do. I would say most ADCOMS would welcome the idea of getting your essays revised/edited from a "writing center" if not, a professional service like "Essay Edge".

Now, on the other hand, I believe there are some services out there that actually write your paper for you. First off, how good could they write a paper (without lying) about a person they don't know? I wouldn't trust these services one bit. But, Essayedge, I believe is legit...

On this note, I did use Essayedge. Would I use it again? Probably/Maybe...It was just too overpriced but they did make the paper sound better and flow nicely. However, if you have a good writing center at your school and your happy with the quality of work they do, by all means...save yourself some money and just use them.

Hope this helps...