Personal Finance Software

Started by DrBowtie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does everyone use? I'm looking for opinions on Quicken vs. MS Money or another program I haven't heard of.

Main tasks that I need are budgeting with integration of checking and credit card accounts to make sure my loan money lasts.

Not much need for investment tracking as my capital is low at this point.

Thanks!
 
If you can build your own model, don't forget Excel.
 
I use MS Money to keep track of all of my accounts. While their budget function has gotten marginally better over the last few versions it still in one word, sucks. I would suggest that you build your own budget spreadsheet in Excel and pair that with either MS Money or Quicken or whatever you like to track. If you want to track movement of your money to the last penny between accounts MS Money has a pretty good platform for that although I'm sure Quicken has something comparable available.