General Admissions & OTCAS Personal Statement feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockincats44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this gets asked a lot, but I'm applying to MOT programs this year and am wondering if anyone would please be willing to look at my personal statement? I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. Thank you! Good luck to everyone applying this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can look at it if you'd like :) PM me!

Hi everyone,

I know this gets asked a lot, but I'm applying to MOT programs this year and am wondering if anyone would please be willing to look at my personal statement? I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. Thank you! Good luck to everyone applying this year!

I can help! I start my OT program on Monday so I have a couple more days :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it bad to recycle personal statements if you're reapplying?

Is it bad to recycle personal statements if you're reapplying?
Hard to say. Most programs get hundreds of applicants annually, so it would be hard to imagine someone would remember your particular statements (unless there was something unique about it, and that's not impossible). That being said, reapplying is a chance to take a second look at every part of your application anyways, and make revisions as necessary. Share it with a new set of eyes. Reread it and imagine you're somebody else looking at it for the first time. I'm sure there will be at least an area or two you will want to change around.

I was told to not reuse the same personal statement, take parts from it but dont completely reuse it! :) good luck

Hi everyone,

I am also in the process of writing my personal statement.
If you want you can PM it to me and I'll give you my opinion/critique.

Hello,

I would be willing to provide feedback on your personal statement. I am currently in OT school.

I am currently applying this cycle as well, I am willing to help out!!

Does anyone have time to spare to take a look at mine too? I've asked a lot of friends but it is nice to have a stranger take a look at it :)

This might be a stupid question, but I was wondering if there had to be a specific format when submitting the personal statement? Should I put my name and CAS ID on the top? Also formatting, does it matter if it is single or double spaced? Thanks in advance!