• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Raec229

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Occupational Therapy
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me how the format for the personal statement should be? I have about 900 words, is this too long? I do plan on calling each schools I'm looking into for more info. Also, should it be double spaced or single spaced?

Thanks!

bee512

2+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2017
If it makes you feel better, mine is about 1100 words, looking to trim down a bit but still will end up 1000+. Unless a school has specific guidelines, I can't imagine a program docking points off your statement unless it was unnecessarily long because of repetition and fluffing. As long as each sentence has meaning and you follow the prompt, I'm sure you would be fine.

I double- spaced mine because some of my other supplemental essays ask for MLA/APA formatting and I wanted to be consistent and its easier to read

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.