Personal Statement Help + Essay Edge Preview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrbooey

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a reapplicant for the 2010 cycle. When I began the reapplication process, I looked back at my essay from last year and was wondering what I was thinking. I feel like my personal statement was lacking considerably. So i wrote up a completely new personal statement and decided to use the essay edge review service to help with my writing. I was an engineering undergraduate so the type of writing I did was not interesting at all and intended to purely state the facts. If anybody wants to read over my personal statement and offer some helpful hints while also seeing my original draft and the tips and revised draft that was provided by the essay edge editor(for people contemplating using this service), I'd be glad to send it to you.

I don't have a profile so here are my stats and some additional info:
I am an engineering major who did all the med school prereqs as my free electives
GPA:3.3 (I was hoping the deficiency here might be compensated by the engineering degree by a top 5-10 eng. university in the country, but I'm not sure how that works).
MCAT: 33P (I took this after my sophomore year, and before I had a couple classes that were covered on the test, considering retake?)

I have tutored chemistry, volunteered at a few physicians' offices, shadowed a couple different doctors, participated heavily in 2 clinical trials, and other than that I don't have much medical school related ECs due to lack of time.

I was considering Caribbean medical school for the fall, but decided to stay in the U.S and do a BMS program at Rosalind Franklin University, and give the application cycle another try. I feel like the essay edge improved my flow organization, but I am not so sure I feel about accepting just one person's opinion, so the more eyes and different input, the better.

Thanks for the help,
Jake

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I am a reapplicant for the 2010 cycle. When I began the reapplication process, I looked back at my essay from last year and was wondering what I was thinking. I feel like my personal statement was lacking considerably. So i wrote up a completely new personal statement and decided to use the essay edge review service to help with my writing. I was an engineering undergraduate so the type of writing I did was not interesting at all and intended to purely state the facts. If anybody wants to read over my personal statement and offer some helpful hints while also seeing my original draft and the tips and revised draft that was provided by the essay edge editor(for people contemplating using this service), I'd be glad to send it to you.

I don't have a profile so here are my stats and some additional info:
I am an engineering major who did all the med school prereqs as my free electives
GPA:3.3 (I was hoping the deficiency here might be compensated by the engineering degree by a top 5-10 eng. university in the country, but I'm not sure how that works).
MCAT: 33P (I took this after my sophomore year, and before I had a couple classes that were covered on the test, considering retake?)

I have tutored chemistry, volunteered at a few physicians' offices, shadowed a couple different doctors, participated heavily in 2 clinical trials, and other than that I don't have much medical school related ECs due to lack of time.

I was considering Caribbean medical school for the fall, but decided to stay in the U.S and do a BMS program at Rosalind Franklin University, and give the application cycle another try. I feel like the essay edge improved my flow organization, but I am not so sure I feel about accepting just one person's opinion, so the more eyes and different input, the better.

Thanks for the help,
Jake

Why consider the Caribbean medical school when you could still get admitted here in the US with your current stats?:confused:

Time is a big factor for me...I didn't apply to the BMS program until pretty late (early summer). I didn't want to be sitting around with no guarantees of getting into medical school a year later.