Personal Statement help please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistWanaB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Is anyone willing to give my personal statement essay a once-over and provide me some feedback? I literally worked on it all day and I'm so frustrated over it. I wrote too much and I'm trying to figure out where I can trim it down and edit. I feel like I still have a lot of work to do because it just sounds like total crap to me and I'm running out of ideas to do to make it flow better. :(

Also, does anyone know what's the average number of schools students apply to thru the AADSAS? I wasn't prepared to see how costly applying to even a few schools is.

Any response is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i'll take a look. pm me and i'll give you my email address

I'll be happy to look at it. You can PM it to me

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill gladly help you. Just PM it

Hey don't stress out too much about it- the essay is not as important as your grades, DAT, research... etc

I am applying to 11 schools, but it seems like most of my friends are applying to 14+

Hey don't stress out too much about it- the essay is not as important as your grades, DAT, research... etc

I am applying to 11 schools, but it seems like most of my friends are applying to 14+
I disagree. Between two otherwise equal candidates, one with a strong application essay and the other listed as fourth author in some obscure basic science study, the good essay will get the interview every time.

You can PM it to me. I'm happy to give you feedback.

boy...itd suck if this essay ended up at adcom offices all across the country wouldnt it:laugh: