1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Personal Statement on AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Will the spaces before each paragraphs (indents? is that the right word?) show up in the final version of my AMCAS that is sent to the medical schools? It all just looks like a huge paragraph, and I don't want to make a bad impression to the medical schools... thanks for the info..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

Yes, as long as you have typed them, the paragraph breaks and indentations will appear on the version that med schools get.

4. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thank you!

5. Diogenes

Diogenes Succat
    7+ Year Member

No problem, you're welcome.

I wondered about this too until my first interview when I saw the interviewer put my file down on the table and saw the page with my essay -- and yep, it was formatted just like it had been when I typed it. Also after one of my acceptances the school sent me a copy of the AMCAS they recieved on me to confirm that all of that info was correct, and I saw the essay again then, and it was formatted properly. I don't know why they can't get the student copy to format properly when printing.