Personal Statement Readers 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Again, my lovelies... I am not able to read any statements at this time. I just had an anatomy exam today, have a histo in Monday (160 points!!) and then it's time to catch up in phys for the test the week after. So. Not much time these days.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I am a non traditional student. It is my first time applying; is anyone still willing to read personal statements this late in the game?--Thanks

I am still willing to read a couple last minute statements, send me a message if you'd like.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my PS pretty well written now BUT I would love for someone (or a few someones!) to tear it apart one more time. Seriously! I have no qualms with criticism it is only going to help me! :D

I have my PS pretty well written now BUT I would love for someone (or a few someones!) to tear it apart one more time. Seriously! I have no qualms with criticism it is only going to help me! :D

If anyone wants to send me a PS within the next 2 hrs, I can comment. I don't feel like doing schoolwork, and I'm in a b***chy tearing apart people's work of art mood :smuggrin:. It's that time of the month. Take that as a warning...

If anyone wants to send me a PS within the next 2 hrs, I can comment. I don't feel like doing schoolwork, and I'm in a b***chy tearing apart people's work of art mood :smuggrin:. It's that time of the month. Take that as a warning...

How about a supplemental essay? I feel like having mine torn to shreds and getting some advice.

I've got a draft of mine done... Still need some more people to critique. Please pm me if you're willing!

I am still willing to read a couple last minute statements, send me a message if you'd like.

Retracting this statement now, I have three to do tonight, and that's probably enough procrastinating for me :p

HELP!! Did anyone say "Thank you for your time and consideration, yada yada yada, sincerely, your name" at the end of their PS??? ALSO, any last minute takers to read mine?!?!?!?!? PURTY PLEASE :confused:

Is anyone willing to critique mine? I just did some major restructure work on it and could use some fresh eyes. Pretty please? Please pm me or email me if you would like to lend a hand!

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh I'm sorry to those of you who sent me requests and PS's that I never got to - I know the deadline is like now, but as usual I overloaded myself with crap at the beginning of the school year in addition to finishing my thesis and haven't had much of a free moment to spare.

Hate letting people down, especially awesome people like yall...

Nope. waste of space. (I mean, it's a statement/essay, not a cover letter).

:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm with MB. I think I did tie mine up at the end with something about looking forward to attending their program, but definitely no traditional letter closer like "thank you..... sincerely.....". And even the closer had a purpose (which was to communicate that I very specifically wanted to attend THAT school).

Just gonna throw this out there....anyone bored enough to do a quick read of my PS tonight? It's been revised, I just need fresh eyes. PM me!

Ugh I'm sorry to those of you who sent me requests and PS's that I never got to - I know the deadline is like now, but as usual I overloaded myself with crap at the beginning of the school year in addition to finishing my thesis and haven't had much of a free moment to spare.

Hate letting people down, especially awesome people like yall...

Basically, ditto from me.

Hey readers,

I know the VMCAS deadline has passed, but the Mizzou app isn't due till Nov 1 and I am still working on my essays and would love anyone's opinions/suggestions/critiques, but I know you guys are probably busy with school...however if anyone is able to read some short essays, PM me or reply here, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Well, it's been a week now since I submitted and I haven't even looked at it.. I had a couple of friends give it a read before submitting.

Anyone wanna go over my essay (for s&g's) and tell me where I screwed up and missed that dang comma? PM me! :D

:clap:I just wanted to say thank you to the ppl that were willing to read my PS. I appreciated all the comments and took everything into consideration when I did rewrites. I believe that the final product came out a bit more polished.

So again, THANKS!!:bow:

Hi everyone! I think most of you have already submitted your personal statements. I'm applying for WCVM and everything is due December 1st. Does anyone have any quick hints/tips on what belongs in a great personal statement? I'm having so much trouble putting all my passion, drive, future goals, interests etc. down on paper!! Also, does anyone have any examples of personal statements they would be willing to share? I'm so lost here... and I want to put together something at least half decent before asking advice from my veterinarian reference and my vet school advisor..

Any help or advice is appreciated! Thanks :D

ps. I don't know the word limit for most US schools, but the word limit for WCVM is 200 words.

Wow 200 words is really short. My best advice is to include specific examples about your traits and abilities. For example, if you have a very strong drive, write about a specific example to show your drive and determination. Also you will have to write in a very concise manner since you only have 200 words, there is no room for fluff.

i know the application period is over, but i was just wondering if anyone could read my PS? this waiting game is not fun and i just keep stressinnnn! so, if you are bored and feel like reading someone else's PS for kicks and giggle, lmk! xx

i know the application period is over, but i was just wondering if anyone could read my PS? this waiting game is not fun and i just keep stressinnnn! so, if you are bored and feel like reading someone else's PS for kicks and giggle, lmk! xx

Hey, I'll send you a PM too in case you check that first, but ship it to me. I love reading stuff and the fact that I don't have to edit would be fun :D I'll give you my email in a PM. Feel free for anyone else who'd want to ship theirs. I'm trying to keep my brain functioning with its editing and reading capabilities.

Wow 200 words is really short. My best advice is to include specific examples about your traits and abilities. For example, if you have a very strong drive, write about a specific example to show your drive and determination. Also you will have to write in a very concise manner since you only have 200 words, there is no room for fluff.

Thanks for the advice! I know, I'm having trouble deciding what is important enough to say, and what doesn't matter as much. I'll definitely include specific examples of traits and abilities too... I just have to pick what to say now