Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3rdgenerationMD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I need guidance regarding Personal Statement.
Heres my scenario :
My goal is medicine but I have low GPA (3.24) so applying to Post Bac Pre-Med program. Health issues destroyed my GPA but is also the major reason I became motivated towards medicine. Is anyone willing to read and critique on my rough draft? I want honest advice about the content and also my writing skills that aren't great. The essay needs to be limited to 500-800 words only. I want specific advice on what to edit and cut out since I have one and half page long essay.
I really appreciate your help in this matter.
 
Hey there, I can give it a read. Had a low GPA as well. Currently 1st year in a Special Masters Program and my advisor really liked my PS (if you want to consider that a credential).

It might take a couple days what with it being the holidays but I can probably get something back to you soon. Just shoot me a PM
 
Hey there, I can give it a read. Had a low GPA as well. Currently 1st year in a Special Masters Program and my advisor really liked my PS (if you want to consider that a credential).

It might take a couple days what with it being the holidays but I can probably get something back to you soon. Just shoot me a PM

Dear Katy, I would also appreciate if you could look at my personal statement as well. Pm will be sent.