Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

audiodoge

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have started my graduate school applications but I am having some trouble starting my personal statement. Most that I have seen have some deep reason for wanting to pursue a career in audiology and I do not have anything like that. I am just passionate about the field and enjoy the work!

If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated.
Example personal statements would be amazing as well.

Thank you!!!
 
Hi! I was feeling the same way until about a week ago. I decided to write down all of my experience in Audiology and talk about the very first time I decided I wanted to be an Audiologist. If you start there, I think you might be on to something. I tried to focus more on my qualifications first and then the WHY. Which can be as simple as what you said! Hope this helps!! Good luck applying, I know how stressful it is!