General Admissions & OTCAS Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BHfutureOT

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm just about finished with personal statement and would love the opportunity to read some others to help with final formatting, structure, etc. Reading others is definitely really helpful for me. If anyone is willing to share theirs please let me know and I'd love if anyone wants to peer review mine as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I only have some of mine done but I'd be willing to share it so far and read yours!

I also recommend all applicants to tap into strong writers within their circles who can objectively provide solid feedback. They know you personally and are able to communicate whether or not the essay sufficiently conveys the experience of OT and present oneself within limited word capacity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone verify if there is a page limit? The only thing I see is a 7,500 character limit. Also, should I submit the personal statement to OTCAS single spaced or double spaced?

Can anyone verify if there is a page limit? The only thing I see is a 7,500 character limit. Also, should I submit the personal statement to OTCAS single spaced or double spaced?

I would say to stay within the 500-600 word count limit from my experience. Character limit is a tad confusing and I believe for the personal statement on OTCAS you submit as a document. So I would just make sure on word when you type it out that its less than 7,500 character, but between 500-600 words. I only say this because most schools (on their own essay) say that word count is their limit. Plus you don't want your essay to be too long otherwise you run the risk of it being skimmed.

I did mine double space, since I think they count word and character limits not pages.

Hope it helps!

I would say to stay within the 500-600 word count limit from my experience. Character limit is a tad confusing and I believe for the personal statement on OTCAS you submit as a document. So I would just make sure on word when you type it out that its less than 7,500 character, but between 500-600 words. I only say this because most schools (on their own essay) say that word count is their limit. Plus you don't want your essay to be too long otherwise you run the risk of it being skimmed.

I did mine double space, since I think they count word and character limits not pages.

Hope it helps!
This definitely helps. Thank you so much! I will definitely need to trim mine down.

Reactions: 1 user