personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rnnpmaybe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 22y/o DNP dropout. I quit after one semester b/c, among other things, I realized there was no way I was going to learn everything I needed to be the type of practitioner I want to be in an NP program. I've heard that quitting this program may be a hindrance. So, should I talk about it in my PS?

Also, are there any places I can read some other successful personal statements to give me an idea of what I should be going for?

Members don't see this ad.

You should talk about it in you personal statement. They are going to see the withdrawl on you application, and wonder what happened. I think without any explanation this looks bad, but if you discuss it in you personal statement and have a good reason for withdrawing, I don't think it will be a hinderance. I have done a variety of different things since I graduated, and am using part of my personal statement to discuss how this led me to medicine. I feel like if I didn't address it ADCOMMs would be going, why medicine? why now?