Personal Training a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diskysdalimit24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to MD/DO and last resort Caribbean. This will be my 3rd time re-applying but I'm applying mainly to schools I haven't applied to in the past. I'm at about 3.5 and 30. If I do personal training, I would get a certificate from NPTI, which is a 6-month course where you ACTUALLY learn the human body and how to make it better. And it's more case based rather than just doing it online.

How do you guys think an admissions committee would take it? Personal training is one of my passions, but I could always apply for research at Penn and do that. I've been leaning more towards the personal training.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think personal training will help/hurt at all....the bigger question is figuring out what happened with no acceptances at those stats. Did you apply early? proofread your statements? apply DO? get interviews?

you need to find the problem, it's not your stats for the DO world although they are low for MD

Reactions: 1 user
Research will help you more than personal training, I would think . You can spin personal training as working one on one with people to improve them, but you have to remember that at the worst these are healthy folks who may be on the wimpy/ overweight side. You aren't a physical therapist, it is not the same thing.